Calculate & Draw Bezier Curve: Red & Blue Handles

• Thread starter k8physics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Curve
In summary, a Bezier curve is a type of mathematical curve used in computer graphics and design. It is defined by control points and a formula is used to determine its path. The red and blue handles allow for precise control over the curve's shape and direction. To draw a Bezier curve, the coordinates of the control points are specified and a formula is used, with the control handles used to adjust the curve's shape and direction. Bezier curves are commonly used in digital artwork, fonts, animation, and engineering for their ability to create precise curves and shapes.
k8physics
Could anyone mind to help me how to calculate and draw the curve such as below image?

http://s9.postimage.org/ksup6knwv/curve.png

There are two handles, the red and blue.

Also, is this everyone called by a Bezier curve?

Give me the equations and let me try to calculate by myself.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Anyone expert on Bezier Curve theory?

If yes, I would like him/her to be my teacher.

I will pay.

Related to Calculate & Draw Bezier Curve: Red & Blue Handles

What is a Bezier curve?

A Bezier curve is a type of mathematical curve that is commonly used in computer graphics and design. It is defined by a series of control points that determine the shape and direction of the curve.

How do you calculate a Bezier curve?

To calculate a Bezier curve, you need to know the coordinates of the control points and use a mathematical formula to determine the curve's path. The specific formula used depends on the type of Bezier curve being drawn.

What is the purpose of red and blue handles in Bezier curves?

The red and blue handles, also known as control handles, are used to adjust the shape and direction of the Bezier curve. They allow for precise control over the curve's shape and can be moved independently to create complex curves.

How do you draw a Bezier curve with red and blue handles?

To draw a Bezier curve with red and blue handles, you must first specify the coordinates of the control points and then use a mathematical formula to determine the path of the curve. The control handles can then be used to adjust the curve's shape and direction as desired.

What are some common applications of Bezier curves?

Bezier curves are commonly used in computer graphics and design, such as in creating smooth lines and shapes in digital artwork and fonts. They are also used in animation, engineering, and other fields where precise curves and shapes are needed.