Choosing between MyMathLab & Maple 10

• Thread starter hail2theking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the speaker has bought the book "Calculus: A Complete Course, Sixth Ed." and is seeking help in choosing between two options for their first calculus course: mymathlab and maple 10. They mention not knowing much about mymathlab but state that the newest versions of maple are user-friendly and provide an example of using it for integration. They are looking for guidance on which option would be better for a beginner.
hail2theking
i've bought the book

calculus: a complete course, sixth ed. and i also want to buy one of these two , but since a don't know much about them and have no experience i would like some help choosing one.

1. mymathlab,
2. maple 10

wich onee is better. for a beginnerr

this is my fiirst calculus course

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know what mymathlab is, but the newest versions of mapple are extremely user friendly. For instance, say you want to integrate cos(ax)*e^{x^2+4} there is a little buttons that you press to make an integral appear, another one to make cos appear and another one to make exp appear.

Last edited:

Related to Choosing between MyMathLab & Maple 10

1. What are the main differences between MyMathLab and Maple 10?

MyMathLab is an online learning platform designed for math courses, while Maple 10 is a software program used for mathematical computations and visualization. MyMathLab offers interactive lessons, practice exercises, and assessments, while Maple 10 is primarily used for mathematical calculations and graphing.

2. Which one is better for learning and practicing math?

Both MyMathLab and Maple 10 have their own strengths and can be useful for learning and practicing math. MyMathLab provides a structured learning environment with interactive lessons and immediate feedback, making it ideal for beginners. Maple 10, on the other hand, is a powerful tool for advanced mathematical computations and problem-solving.

3. Can I use both MyMathLab and Maple 10 for my math course?

Yes, you can use both MyMathLab and Maple 10 for your math course. However, it ultimately depends on your course requirements and personal preference. You may find that one tool is more suitable for certain tasks or exercises than the other.

4. Is one of them more expensive than the other?

The cost of MyMathLab and Maple 10 may vary depending on your educational institution and the version you choose. In general, MyMathLab may be more expensive as it often comes with access to online textbooks and resources, while Maple 10 is a one-time purchase.

5. Can I access MyMathLab and Maple 10 on any device?

MyMathLab can be accessed on any device with an internet connection, while Maple 10 is a software program that needs to be installed on a computer. However, there are versions of Maple 10 that can be accessed through a web browser, providing more flexibility in terms of device compatibility.