Classifying quarks and leptons using LCTs representation

Mich24
TL;DR Summary
About the way of classifying quarks and leptons using linear canonical transformations spin representation.
Hello everyone, I would like to ask for opinions/expertises about the way of classifying quarks and leptons using linear canonical transformations spin representation as explainedin this link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_canonical_transformation
Are the statements true ?
Please find attached a picture from the link that gives some description.
Thank you in Advance

Attachments

• QuarksandleptonsLCT.png
    QuarksandleptonsLCT.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 9
Physics news on Phys.org
This is some kind of speculative unified theory... There are innumerable examples in theoretical physics, in which the properties of particles are used to group them into speculative taxonomies hinting at new physical laws. Sometimes this works and leads to an actual discovery, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it can't work, sometimes it's still undecided.

I do not recognize this particular scheme (it appears to be the work of a group of researchers from Madagascar), but on closer inspection it could turn out to be a variation on something well-known. If anyone does want to get to the bottom of it, they could try this 2018 paper by the same people, in which it is described as based on a combination of "phase space symmetry" with the usual "internal symmetries" of gauge theory.

Likes Mich24
Thank you for answer.

Could you please elaborate a little more on the part where you said "on closer inspection it could turn out to be a variation on something well-known"

thank you again.

I might start by trying to understand their use of Clifford algebras, and their use of phase space symmetries. Then I could look for precedents in the literature.

Likes Mich24
mitchell porter said:
I might start by trying to understand their use of Clifford algebras, and their use of phase space symmetries. Then I could look for precedents in the literature.
I understand, Please let me know if you find anything in this direction. Thank you again. I remarked (from the picture) that they use the generators of the Clifford algebra to define some kind of ladder operators: I don't know if it is something usual or known.

Last edited: