Cool Space Watch: Celebrating Apollo 11 Moon Landing

In summary, the conversation is about a watch that is a celebration of the Apollo 11 moon landing and has planets that orbit to tell the time and glow in the dark. The owner mentions that the watch is out of battery and will need to be replaced. They also discuss the absence of a moon on the watch and the possibility of a women's version.
BadgerBadger92
I got this watch nearly a year ago and love it. It is a celebration of the Apollo 11 moon landing. The planets orbit to tell you the time. The stars and planets glow in the dark as well!

02C61545-3A54-4B5E-915A-15AAA9259E53.jpeg

Likes Klystron, DennisN, dlgoff and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Is the watch showing 2 o'clock?

berkeman said:
Is the watch showing 2 o'clock?
Yes, It’s out of battery, so I need to get a new one.

There's no moon?

JT Smith said:
There's no moon?
No, it probably would make it harder to read the time I guess.

• Love
Likes dlgoff
Is there a women's version?

JT Smith said:
Is there a women's version?
I don’t think so, but I’d imagine they would be equally nice on women

FAQ: Cool Space Watch: Celebrating Apollo 11 Moon Landing

What is "Cool Space Watch: Celebrating Apollo 11 Moon Landing" about?

"Cool Space Watch: Celebrating Apollo 11 Moon Landing" is an event or program designed to commemorate the historic Apollo 11 mission, during which astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the Moon. The celebration typically includes educational activities, exhibits, and discussions about the mission's significance, technological achievements, and its impact on space exploration.

When did the Apollo 11 Moon landing occur?

The Apollo 11 Moon landing occurred on July 20, 1969. Astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed the Lunar Module "Eagle" on the Moon's surface, while Michael Collins orbited above in the Command Module "Columbia."

Why is the Apollo 11 mission significant?

The Apollo 11 mission is significant because it marked the first time humans set foot on another celestial body. It was a major milestone in space exploration, showcasing human ingenuity and the ability to achieve seemingly impossible goals. The mission also fulfilled President John F. Kennedy's 1961 promise to land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth before the end of the decade.

What were some of the technological achievements of the Apollo 11 mission?

The Apollo 11 mission featured numerous technological achievements, including the development of the Saturn V rocket, the Lunar Module, and the Command/Service Module. It also involved advancements in computer technology, navigation, and life support systems. These innovations not only made the mission possible but also laid the groundwork for future space exploration.

How can people participate in the "Cool Space Watch: Celebrating Apollo 11 Moon Landing" event?

People can participate in the "Cool Space Watch: Celebrating Apollo 11 Moon Landing" event by attending scheduled activities, watching live broadcasts or recorded documentaries, engaging in educational programs, and visiting museums or exhibits dedicated to the Apollo missions. Many events may also be available online, allowing for virtual participation from anywhere in the world.