Could someone tell me what is wrong with this bit of latex

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter DeusAbscondus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bit Latex
In summary, When using \left( and \right) in LaTeX, they must be used together in the same code. The original post had separated these parts, causing an error. The correct code should have been $\left(\text{The ones you see were done by use of perpendiculars}\right)$. Additionally, instead of using \r), which is not a valid command, \right) should have been used. Quoting a post can show the correct code used.
DeusAbscondus
$\left( \text{The ones you see were done by use of} $
$\text{perpendiculars}\r) $$$\left(\text{The ones you see were done by use of perpendiculars}\right)$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Re: could someone tell me what is wrong witht this bit of latex

I can't see the problem, other than the fact that perhaps you should have ended it with a
Code:
\right)
instead of
Code:
\r).

DeusAbscondus said:
$\left( \text{The ones you see were done by use of} $
$\text{perpendiculars}\r) $$$\left(\text{The ones you see were done by use of perpendiculars}\right)$$

$\left( \text{The ones you see were done by use of}
\text{ perpendiculars} \right) $

When you use "\left(" you must also use "\right)" in the same bit of code, if I understand our Mathjax version of Latex correctly. In your original post you've separated these parts by ending the initial \$ and beginning a new \$. If you drop this part then the code works fine. As Fantini said, you should use \right) instead of \r) as well. To see what code I've used in this post then simply quote my post.

Jameson said:
$\left( \text{The ones you see were done by use of}
\text{ perpendiculars} \right) $

When you use "\left(" you must also use "\right)" in the same bit of code, if I understand our Mathjax version of Latex correctly. In your original post you've separated these parts by ending the initial \$ and beginning a new \$. If you drop this part then the code works fine. As Fantini said, you should use \right) instead of \r) as well. To see what code I've used in this post then simply quote my post.

Okay, thanks Jameson, Fantini: much appreciated.
I think I was neglecting or overusing a gap somewhere by the looks of it.

Regs,
Deus Abs

There are a few potential issues with this statement. First, it is unclear what exactly is being referred to as "the ones" - are these objects, equations, or something else? Additionally, it is not clear what is meant by "done by use of perpendiculars" - are the perpendiculars being used as a tool or method, or are they the subject being discussed? Furthermore, it would be helpful to provide more context or background information in order to fully understand the meaning and purpose of this statement. Without more information, it is difficult to determine what may be wrong with this bit of latex.

Related to Could someone tell me what is wrong with this bit of latex

1. What is latex?

Latex is a natural rubber material derived from the sap of the rubber tree. It is commonly used in the production of various products such as gloves, balloons, and condoms.

2. What could be wrong with latex?

Latex allergies are the most common issue associated with this material. Some people may experience skin irritation, rashes, or even anaphylaxis after coming into contact with latex.

3. How can I tell if I am allergic to latex?

If you experience any symptoms after touching or using latex products, it is possible that you have a latex allergy. It is recommended to consult with a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

4. Can latex products cause other health problems?

In rare cases, latex products can cause anaphylaxis, a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. Latex may also cause irritation or discomfort for individuals with sensitive skin.

5. Are there alternatives to latex?

Yes, there are various alternatives to latex such as polyurethane, polyisoprene, and nitrile. These materials are often used in the production of gloves, condoms, and other products for individuals with latex allergies.