Could Technicolour Play a Role in Black Hole Collapse?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential existence of a technicolour force and its effects on black hole collapse. It is mentioned that the force is being studied mathematically and could potentially play a role in preventing collapse before a singularity forms. There is also discussion about how the force could be observed at the LHC. The conversation concludes with the question of whether the force could prevent collapse all the way to a singularity or if it would still result in a black hole.
dm4b
I know we haven't yet discovered that a technicolour force actually exists, but it seems to be worked out to some extent mathematically? (Not to say there hasn't been a false alarm, or two)

I'm just curious that if it did end up existing, has the math been worked out far enough to see if it could play a role in black hole collapse.

Is this a force that could kick in even after neutron degeneracy pressure fails, and halt collapse before a singularity forms?

It's supposed to kick in at higher energies than the strong force, which makes it sound like it could potentially play a role, but I don't have a clue really.

any insights?

Physics news on Phys.org
A star made of techniquarks? I suppose. But in view of the fact that black holes are being found almost everywhere we look, why would we be interested in a theory that prevents them?

I though the technicolour force carriers would "pop" out of "normal" matter at extreme energies. How else would they find them at the LHC, where they are colliding basic particles together?

Sorry I probably wasn't clear in my OP. It's not to prevent black holes. Rather, would it prevent collapse all the way to a singularity, r=0?

You don't neen an infinitely dense "object" of zero volume to produce a black hole.

FAQ: Could Technicolour Play a Role in Black Hole Collapse?

1. What is technicolour in relation to black holes?

Technicolour is a hypothetical theory that suggests the existence of a form of matter that could give color to black holes. This theory suggests that the intense gravitational pull of a black hole could cause the creation of a new type of matter, known as technicolour matter, which would give color to the black hole.

2. How can technicolour affect the behavior of black holes?

The presence of technicolour matter within a black hole could potentially affect its behavior in several ways. It could influence the rate at which the black hole grows and also change the way it interacts with other objects in its vicinity.

3. Is there any evidence for the existence of technicolour matter in black holes?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of technicolour matter in black holes. However, some observations have suggested the possibility of new types of matter within black holes, which could potentially be linked to the technicolour theory.

4. How does the concept of technicolour relate to our understanding of black holes?

The concept of technicolour is still a theoretical idea and has not yet been proven. However, if it were to be confirmed, it could significantly impact our understanding of black holes and their behavior. It could also potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.

5. What are the potential implications of the technicolour theory on our current understanding of physics?

If the existence of technicolour matter in black holes is confirmed, it could challenge some of the current theories and models in physics. It could also lead to the development of new theories and further our understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe.

Back