Current flowing through the resistor

In summary, the conversation is about a question on a quick test that has stumped the person and they are looking for assistance. The question involves solving a circuit using mesh analysis, but the person is not familiar with this method. They have tried using Ohm's law to find the current, but they are unsure of how to proceed. The conversation then goes into discussing how to reduce the resistor network to a single loop and using Kirchoff's voltage law or current law to solve the circuit. The person is still confused and asks for further clarification on how to draw current paths and combine resistors.
No ... you need to use the equivalent resistance for this branch, which is 10.8 k.

Go back through and draw each of the reduced circuits, labeling them 0 for the original, 1 for the first reduction, etc until you get to the final reduced circuit which has one resistor, and which provides the total current.

Record the equivalent resistances that have been found for each reduced circuit as you move from 0 to N, and then record the voltage drops and currents as you work your way back from N to 0.

When you do this yourself you should get consistent, correct answers.

I'll be offline for a few days due to international travel; Gute Nacht from Germany!

Physics news on Phys.org
I still don't understand but thank you to everyone that helped me.

Would you like to go through it again with a slightly different approach?

No use now, I'll be going to bed and it's due in tomorrow. I'll just ask the teacher how to do it. But I think I may have got it on my own anyway by using Vr=(R1/(R1+R2)x6