Dark Matter Particles: College Student Seeking Theorem Evidence

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of dark matter and the possibility of it being composed of particles. The speaker is seeking any information or evidence regarding this theory and is grateful for any help. The responder suggests browsing through available literature and shares a link to an article proposing the idea of super heavy dark matter particles. They also mention that particles seem to be the only plausible explanation for dark matter and provide some slides for further information. The conversation ends with a polite thank you and well wishes.
murenzi
I am in college and trying to develop a theorem, If there is any information there is any papers or evidence to dark matter being particles could you please tell me as it will do me a great favor. Thank you for reading

Astronomy news on Phys.org
You cannot "develop a theorem" (at least not a useful one) without knowing the current state of the research. And by that I don't mean "read a few papers", I mean "know all the relevant literature".
There is no plausible alternative to particles, every field that can lead to dark-matter-like results will appear in the form of particles.
Particles with a plausible mass also lead to a plausible temperature. Here are some slides.

Likes Comeback City
mfb said:
You cannot "develop a theorem" (at least not a useful one) without knowing the current state of the research. And by that I don't mean "read a few papers", I mean "know all the relevant literature".
There is no plausible alternative to particles, every field that can lead to dark-matter-like results will appear in the form of particles.
Particles with a plausible mass also lead to a plausible temperature. Here are some slides.
thank you very much for informing me of this and i hope you have a pleasent day

Related to Dark Matter Particles: College Student Seeking Theorem Evidence

1. What is dark matter?

Dark matter is a type of matter that is theorized to make up about 85% of the total matter in the universe. It does not emit or absorb light, making it invisible to telescopes. Its existence is inferred by its gravitational effects on visible matter.

2. What are dark matter particles?

Dark matter particles are hypothetical particles that are thought to make up dark matter. These particles are believed to interact with each other and with regular matter through gravity, but not through electromagnetic or nuclear forces.

3. How are researchers trying to detect dark matter particles?

There are several methods being used to detect dark matter particles. Some experiments involve looking for signals of dark matter interactions in underground detectors, while others use powerful telescopes to study the effects of dark matter on the distribution of visible matter in the universe.

4. What is the current evidence for dark matter particles?

Although dark matter particles have not yet been directly observed, scientists have gathered a significant amount of evidence that supports their existence. This includes observations of galaxy rotation curves, the cosmic microwave background, and the large-scale structure of the universe.

5. What is the role of college students in the search for dark matter particles?

College students play a vital role in the search for dark matter particles. They can contribute to research projects and experiments, as well as engage in theoretical work and data analysis. Additionally, many universities offer courses and programs focused on dark matter, providing students with the opportunity to learn about and contribute to this exciting field of study.