Darts league question (maths related)

• MHB
  • Thread starter teeach
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around setting up a local darts league and distributing 14 players between 7:30 and 10:30 for start times. The speaker is looking for a formula or cheat table to ensure that everyone gets a fair amount of 7:30 and 10:30 starts, as the online league software prefers alphabetical order and could lead to complaints. The conversation ends with the speaker seeking advice and wondering if they have found a solution.
teeach
Hi, wondering if anyone can help solve a query I have.
I've been tasked with setting up a local darts league and want to make it fir regarding start of play times.

We have 14 players and i wish to distribute these players between 7:30 and 10:30 for start times in 30 minute intervals.

Any sort of formula/cheat table so everyone gets the same amount of 7:30 starts and 10:30 starts this is because people may complain if they keep getting late starts and the online league software we are using seems to prefer alphabetical order so someone with the letter 'A' at the start of their name gets to play at 7:30 14 times out of 26 games.

any advice?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
think i may have solved it

2m6rj1k.png

if i continue in that vein i think it will pan out fairly?

Ahhh ok i havent, as the same players play each other every week dohhhelppppp

Last edited:

Related to Darts league question (maths related)

1. How is the score calculated in a darts league?

The score in a darts league is calculated by adding up the points earned by each player in a game. The standard game of darts is played with a starting score of 501, and players take turns throwing three darts at a time, subtracting the points they hit from their starting score. The first player to reach exactly zero wins the game.

2. How many players are typically on a team in a darts league?

The number of players on a team in a darts league can vary depending on the league and its rules. However, the most common format is that each team consists of four players, with each player playing one game against a player from the opposing team.

3. Can players from different skill levels compete in the same darts league?

Yes, players of different skill levels can compete in the same darts league. Many leagues have different divisions for players of varying skill levels, allowing for fair competition. In addition, some leagues also have handicap systems in place to level the playing field between players of different skill levels.

4. How are ties handled in a darts league?

If two players or teams have the same score at the end of a game in a darts league, the tie is typically broken by a sudden death leg. This means that the players or teams will continue to play until one of them wins the leg, and therefore, the game. Some leagues may also have tiebreaker rules in place to determine a winner.

5. Is there a specific scoring system used in a darts league?

Yes, there is a specific scoring system used in a darts league. The most commonly used system is the standard game of 501, where players start with a score of 501 and subtract the points they hit on the board. However, some leagues may also use different scoring systems, such as 301 or 701, depending on their rules and format.