Does Time Expand in All Directions in the Universe?

In summary: For example, if I am talking to you right now, and you are sitting at point A, everything that has happened since the big bang (before you were born, say) would be 'in the past' for you. But if you were to travel to a galaxy 6 billion light years away, everything that has happened there since the big bang would be 'in the future' for you.In summary, this idea is that time expands in all directions at once. This could be a model to consider for how time passes at a distance, or it could be disproven. Though this idea has not been proven, it is an interesting idea to think about.
I'm closing this thread because the original question has been answered, and the discussion has deteriorated into something that doesn't resemble physics. I should have closed it long ago. Physics Forums is a resource for those who want to learn what the best theories of physics say. It's not a place for philosophical speculation that has very little to do with physics.

The question about whether time has a direction (in special and general relativity) is answered e.g. by some of my posts in this thread:

Fredrik said:
The only thing that can define a direction of time is the kind of stuff that WannabeNewton is talking about. First you slice up spacetime into 3-dimensional hypersurfaces labeled by a real parameter t, so that each event belongs to exactly one of these hypersurfaces. Now if we want to find the direction of time at an event p, we would look at the hypersurface that p belongs to. There are two directions that are orthogonal to this hypersurface at p. In one of these directions, t is increasing, and in the other direction, t is decreasing. The direction that's orthogonal to the hypersurface and such that t is increasing, can then be considered the direction of time at p.

Note that this direction depends on our choice of how to do the "slicing".

Fredrik said:
...a point doesn't determine a direction. You need something like a point and a timelike curve through that point, or a point and a spacelike hypersurface through that point.

Fredrik said:
In relativity, there are lots of directions that are labeled "timelike" (by a precise mathematical definition). Together they identify a region of spacetime that's sometimes called "the chronological future". The union of that set and its boundary is then called "the causal future". If what we mean by "the future" is one of these sets, then no, the future is not a direction. It's a set that identifies lots of different directions, not just one.

This is why we need something other than just an event in spacetime to single out which one of them to call the direction of time.