Dog Grooming Services""Dog Grooming: Your Pup's Pampering & Happiness

• Thread starter ellieee
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the relationship between pressure and boiling point and freezing point. The person being addressed has found counterexamples to the assumption that both boiling point and freezing point decrease with decreasing pressure. They mention that for water, the higher the pressure, the lower the freezing point, and that the equilibrium vapor pressure of a fluid increases with increasing temperature. They also mention that it is difficult to boil an egg at high altitudes due to the lower boiling point caused by the decreased pressure.
ellieee
Homework Statement
I searched google and got very varied responses so I'm really confused.
I saw that boiling point will increase because: more energy is required for the solvent's vapor pressure to reach the external pressure.
however, I think it will decrease because:
when less pressure exerts on the liquid, less heat is needed to overcome the intermolecular forces of attraction and it can vaporize into a gas at a lower temperature.
and consequently, will freezing point increase or decrease when pressure decreases?
for this, I have the same thoery as for the boiling point
Relevant Equations
nil
nil

Physics news on Phys.org
ellieee said:
and consequently, will freezing point increase or decrease when pressure decreases?
for this, I have the same theory as for the boiling point

You seem to assume both freezing point and boiling point go down with decreasing pressure. What kind of counterexamples have you found in the web ?

anuttarasammyak said:
You seem to assume both freezing point and boiling point go down with decreasing pressure. What kind of counterexamples have you found in the web ?
counterexample for boiling point:
I saw that boiling point will increase because: more energy is required for the solvent's vapor pressure to reach the external pressure.
counterexample for freezing point:
Because of increasing the pressure, which prevents water molecules properly arranging them. If water freezes, the mean forms a crystalline solid phase with a proper arrangement. ... That means water freezes at below 273K.

Gas has larger volume than liquid. Pressure prevents tendency of materials to have larger volume. higher the pressure is, higher the boiling point is.

Liquid does not always have larger volume than solid, e.g. for water the higher the pressure is, the lower the freezing point. higher or lower according to pressure increase depends on this volume change property or bonding mechanism of each kind of material.

Last edited:
Likes sysprog
The equilibrium vapor pressure of a fluid increases with increasing temperature. For a liquid to boil, bubbles of pure vapor must form within the bulk of the liquid (below the surface) to push the liquid out of the way. Subjecting the liquid to a higher pressure requires higher vapor pressure for the bubbles to form and push liquid out of the way. This higher vapor pressure requires a higher temperature.

Likes Lnewqban
It is difficult to boil an egg at the peak of a very high mountain.
The water can never reach 100 degrees Celsius.

Likes Delta2

Related to Dog Grooming Services""Dog Grooming: Your Pup's Pampering & Happiness

What is dog grooming?

Dog grooming is the process of cleaning, trimming, and styling a dog's fur, as well as taking care of their nails, ears, and teeth. It is an important part of a dog's overall health and well-being.

Why is dog grooming important?

Grooming helps to keep a dog's coat clean and free of tangles and mats, which can be uncomfortable and even painful for the dog. It also helps to prevent skin infections and other health issues. Grooming also allows for early detection of any potential health problems.

What services are typically included in dog grooming?

Dog grooming services often include bathing, brushing, hair trimming, nail clipping, ear cleaning, and teeth brushing. Additional services such as flea and tick treatments, de-shedding, and anal gland expression may also be offered.

How often should I take my dog for grooming?

The frequency of grooming depends on the breed, size, and coat type of your dog. Generally, dogs with longer or thicker coats may require grooming every 4-6 weeks, while shorter-haired breeds may only need grooming every 8-12 weeks. It is important to consult with a professional groomer to determine the best grooming schedule for your dog.

What should I look for in a dog grooming service?

When choosing a dog grooming service, look for a reputable and experienced groomer who uses safe and gentle products. It is also important to ensure that the grooming facility is clean and well-maintained. Additionally, ask about the grooming process and any safety measures in place to ensure your dog's well-being during the grooming session.