Facebook question on how to let friends see my comment on an article

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
yungman
Hi

I want to see is there a way when I respond to some strangers on an article on facebook, and I want my friends to join in. That I can let my friends on facebook see my response and they can join in.

I know I can click the article and open the new window. I can copy the address and post on my own and my friends can see the article. BUT all the original comments I have with the stranger is gone, it's like start all over again.

So far, the only way is actually copy the address on the page where I responded to someone, email that address to my friend, he/she click and open the link. Then he can see my conversation. But that is too inconvenient. I want to see is there any way so I can let my friends to see my comments and they can join in just within facebook.

Thanks

Alan

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not just tag your friends in the comments?

docnet said:
Why not just tag your friends in the comments?
Is there any way to give notice to all my friends?

yungman said:
Is there any way to give notice to all my friends?
Click on "Share" in the lower right of the FB article that you want to share, and select "Friends" from the options. That seems like it will do what you want, no?

berkeman said:
Click on "Share" in the lower right of the FB article that you want to share, and select "Friends" from the options. That seems like it will do what you want, no?
Yes, I know that already, it only flag on "Message", It won't flag at "Notification" like if you post something in"What's in your mind" that it will flag on "Notification".

So there's no way to do "Notification"?

Thanks

Alan

It is very strange, I actually put my laptop and my wife's laptop side by side and link articles with comments and send back and fore.

The facebook on our laptops are DIFFERENT, they don't look that same. I have no problem send from my wife to me, but I cannot send to my wife

I am using "Message", when wife's laptop send to me, I can click the article and see her comments. But when I send to wife's laptop, when she click the article, A NEW WINDOW OF THE ARTICLE OPENED AND NO COMMENTS SHOWED.

I am in total lost. Only thing my grandson suggested is I use Firefox and wife uses Microsoft Edge. Can that make a difference?

Of course different browsers will look different. Please do a test using the same browsers and report back.

berkeman said:
Of course different browsers will look different. Please do a test using the same browsers and report back.
Sadly, I just tried and it's the same. What other possibility?

I did it in Edge, so my program should be updated as it's the same.

I am really at a lost. I swear it worked once a while, but most of the time when I go on wife's computer and click the message, it just open a new window with the article and nothing to do with facebook and no comments.

Once a while, it actually open in the facebook and she can see all the comments.

this is what I did.

In the article, I click SHARE, and the options show up.
FB messenger 1.jpg

After I click "Send in Messenger", I have this show up and I click my wife's name
FB messenger 2.jpg

I tried all the other options, none even come close. Only this way, at least I can get Messenger to alert and she can see the article. But still when she click, it just open a new window, no comments.

Any other suggestions?

Funny if I do the same on her computer, it looks different, it actually show my logo and all she needs to do is click my logo and hit send. I can read the article and read the comments.

thanks

Anyone please? I know there's a way to make it work. It work beautifully on my wife's computer, it was kind of working at the beginning, that when my wife click the link, she could see my comments. But it stopped working now. When she click the link, it just open a new window of the article, no comments.

My grandson find the problem:

In order to be able to message an article with all the comments, one can ONLY do it on articles that come with a LINK as shown in RED circle.

If I send this, people can read the comments. If not, it won't work.

I guess I am too old, pass my time, only took him one minute to see the problem.

FB messenger 1.jpg

Now the question is whether there is a way to do this on articles that do NOT have the link.

No wonder FB is dying, only old people use it, all the young kids like my grand daughter using Instagram or other one like Tik Tok.

Thanks

• Informative
Likes Tom.G
I have a stupid question:

When I go to facebook.com, do I always get the LATEST version of facebook?

My understanding is I never "installed" facebook program into my computer, this is a website I am going to, so facebook always show the latest updated version.

If that is so, how come the facebook on my wife's laptop(win10) is different from my laptop( win11)? I verified it's not window version that makes the difference because I log into my account on a third computer with win10 and still look like the facebook on my computer. So different version of windows don't make a difference?

Also, I login to my facebook with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge on my computer, IT LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS MY NORMAL FACEBOOK ON FIREFOX. So different search engines don't make a difference.

On top, I try going into facebook on my wife's computer in different search engines, still look like the one she has.

So this is COMPUTER SPECIFIC. ONLY GONE WRONG ON HER COMPUTER ONLY!!!

Why? her computer is less than 4yrs old nice laptop. Just the facebook is different from 2 of my other computers, one is less than a yr old, one is at least 6 or 7yrs old.

Facebook is absolutely notorious for its inscrutable and labrynthine methods of linking to specific content.
In my opinion, you are fighting a losing battle. This is just not what FB is meant for.

Likes yungman
yungman said:
When I go to facebook.com, do I always get the LATEST version of facebook?

My understanding is I never "installed" facebook program into my computer, this is a website I am going to, so facebook always show the latest updated version.
Yes.
yungman said:
If that is so, how come the facebook on my wife's laptop(win10) is different from my laptop( win11)? I verified it's not window version that makes the difference because I log into my account on a third computer with win10 and still look like the facebook on my computer. So different version of windows don't make a difference?
Different version of your browser might.

Not really clear what you mean by "looks different". Are you able to send any screenshots?

Likes yungman