Good PDF Reading App That Can Bookmark and Annotate?

• Thread starter Ascendant0
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App Pdf
Ascendant0
I like digital textbooks, and the ones I'm studying now are in PDF format. I really need an app I can use across all my interfaces (windows desktop and laptop, a tablet, and iphone) that I can bookmark and annotate with? I have seen a few readers mentioned online, but it needs to be an app so that I can use it on my tablet and phone as well (I have a LONG commute for work, so I need it on them as well)

Ideally something free, as like I said, I'm going to use it on multiple computers. If I buy something on the iphone or the PC, not sure if I'd be able to download that same purchased app on all my interfaces. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure what you are talking about. I have downloaded pdf on my iPhone which I can read, and I just opened a link with a pdf that I could also read on Safari without doing anything.

If Safari doesn't work, download a pdf reader.

fresh_42 said:
Not sure what you are talking about. I have downloaded pdf on my iPhone which I can read, and I just opened a link with a pdf that I could also read on Safari without doing anything.

If Safari doesn't work, download a pdf reader.
Not the iPhone, my tablet. My tablet will not open it with Safari. It is not an Apple product, and the option to open a PDF with it is not available. That is what I use the most when traveling, so I need it on there too

Here is a good forum about all things ebook. Worth bookmarking if ebooks are mission critical for you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/

They have threads about different devices, software, formats etc. If you scroll down the page you will find a section about ebook formats including PDF.

Related to Good PDF Reading App That Can Bookmark and Annotate?

What are the best PDF reading apps that support bookmarking and annotation?

Some of the best PDF reading apps that support bookmarking and annotation include Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit PDF Reader, Xodo PDF Reader & Editor, PDF Expert (iOS), and GoodReader (iOS). These apps offer a wide range of features including highlighting, note-taking, and easy navigation through bookmarks.

Is there a free PDF reader that allows for both bookmarking and annotating?

Yes, there are several free PDF readers that allow for both bookmarking and annotating. Adobe Acrobat Reader and Foxit PDF Reader are two popular options that offer these features at no cost. Xodo PDF Reader & Editor is another free app that provides robust annotation tools and bookmarking capabilities.

Can I sync my bookmarks and annotations across multiple devices?

Yes, many PDF reading apps offer cloud synchronization to keep your bookmarks and annotations consistent across multiple devices. For example, Adobe Acrobat Reader allows you to sync your work through Adobe Document Cloud. Similarly, Xodo PDF Reader & Editor offers synchronization with Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.

Are there any PDF reading apps specifically optimized for tablets?

Yes, several PDF reading apps are optimized for tablets to take advantage of the larger screen size and touch interface. PDF Expert and GoodReader are highly recommended for iPads, providing a seamless reading and annotating experience. For Android tablets, apps like Xodo PDF Reader & Editor and Foxit PDF Reader are well-optimized for tablet use.

Do these PDF reading apps support advanced annotation features like handwriting and shape drawing?

Yes, many advanced PDF reading apps support a variety of annotation features including handwriting, shape drawing, and even audio notes. PDF Expert, GoodReader, and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor offer robust tools for handwriting and drawing shapes, making them suitable for detailed markup and note-taking.