Graphing Equations with x, y, and z on the TI-Nspire CX CAS

• MHB
  • Thread starter ineedhelpnow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cas Graphing
In summary, the conversation is about graphing equations involving x, y, and z on the TI Nspire CX CAS calculator. The person is having trouble graphing an ellipsoid and has tried solving the equation for z, but still cannot get the full graph. They mention using Wolfram|Alpha as a solution, but cannot access it during their test. They also suggest getting a tattoo of relevant graphs on their arm to help during the test.
ineedhelpnow
how do i graph z=1-y^2

or x=y^2+4z^2

or 36x^2+y^2+36z^2=36

or pretty much anything with x,y,z

on the ti nspire cx cas

Physics news on Phys.org
ok i figured some things out. but i can't graph an ellipsoid. like completely. the only way i know how to do it is to solve the equation for z=... and then i have do the positive and negative of the rest of the equation (because its under sqrt) but i still can't get the full thing. what i did is a circle but as an example. (z^2+y^2+x^2=1).

View attachment 3185View attachment 3186View attachment 3187View attachment 3188

Attachments

• 09-12-2014 Image004.jpg
    09-12-2014 Image004.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 09-12-2014 Image001.jpg
    09-12-2014 Image001.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 09-12-2014 Image002.jpg
    09-12-2014 Image002.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 80
  • 09-12-2014 Image003.jpg
    09-12-2014 Image003.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 78
I realize that you are looking for help on the Casio, but if you have access to the net, Wolfram|Alpha does a good job. See here.

-Dan

on the casio? no the tinspire. :/ unfortunately i can't use a laptop during the test so i won't be able to use wolframalpha (Giggle) (oh wow if taking snapshots of my screen is all it takes to get so many thanks ill be right back with a ton more (Happy) )

ineedhelpnow said:
on the casio? no the tinspire. :/ unfortunately i can't use a laptop during the test so i won't be able to use wolframalpha (Giggle) (oh wow if taking snapshots of my screen is all it takes to get so many thanks ill be right back with a ton more (Happy) )
Maybe you could get a tattoo for any relevant graphs on your arm? They can't boot you for having a tattoo during the test...

-Dan

(Speechless)

Related to Graphing Equations with x, y, and z on the TI-Nspire CX CAS

1. How do I graph an equation with x, y, and z on the TI-Nspire CX CAS?

To graph an equation with x, y, and z on the TI-Nspire CX CAS, you first need to enter the equation into the calculator using the "Variables" menu. Then, go to the "Graphs" menu and select "3D Graph" to see the graph on the calculator screen. You can use the arrow keys to rotate the graph and see it from different angles.

2. Can I graph multiple equations with x, y, and z on the TI-Nspire CX CAS at the same time?

Yes, you can graph multiple equations with x, y, and z on the TI-Nspire CX CAS at the same time. Simply enter each equation into the calculator and then go to the "Graphs" menu and select "3D Graph". The calculator will display all the graphs on the same screen and you can use the arrow keys to rotate and view them.

3. How do I adjust the scale and viewing window for 3D graphs on the TI-Nspire CX CAS?

To adjust the scale and viewing window for 3D graphs on the TI-Nspire CX CAS, go to the "View" menu and select "View Settings". From there, you can change the scale for each axis and adjust the viewing window to zoom in or out on the graph.

4. Is it possible to label the axes on 3D graphs on the TI-Nspire CX CAS?

Yes, you can label the axes on 3D graphs on the TI-Nspire CX CAS. Go to the "View" menu and select "Axes Labels". You can then choose to label the axes with x, y, and z or use custom labels.

5. How do I find the intersection points of two 3D graphs on the TI-Nspire CX CAS?

To find the intersection points of two 3D graphs on the TI-Nspire CX CAS, go to the "Calc" menu and select "Intersect". Then, choose the two graphs you want to find the intersection points of and the calculator will display the coordinates of the intersection points.