Greetings! Undergraduate Mathematics/Physics student here!

Neamesis
How did you find PF?
I have known about PF for a while through Google search
Hello everyone! I am an undergraduate Mathematics student, but I am self-learning Physics in my free time because I want to do a PhD in hep-th in the future. I joined this website so that I could get my solutions to problems checked and ask any conceptual questions I might have. (and possibly answer other people's questions as well if I'm able to) I am currently going through chapter 5 of Taylor CM and chapter 4 of Griffiths EM. It turns out homework-like questions are not allowed in Physics SE sadly, and forum-type discussions are not possible there.

My hobbies include game dev, graphics programming, staring at my Bortle 9 skies, doing physics and mathematics, reading fiction and non-fiction books, trying to go outside, playing videogames like Counter strike, Titanfall 2, Just Cause 3, KSP and most other things.

My favorite fields in physics are definitely QFT and Physics beyond standard model and Quantum gravity (just like every other undergrad :-p) . But GR and black hole physics are also very cool! I cannot wait to do Schwartz's QFT book, but I have a long way to go until I start that book.

Last edited:
Likes PeroK, DeBangis21 and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

:welcome:

Thank you! :smile::smile: