Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks

In summary, there are 7 files for 1-D and 2-D Mathematica notebooks that can be used to numerical solve for eigenvalues, density plots, Fourier coefficients, and other options. The files must be downloaded and there is no copyright on them. They are in the .nb file format and can be viewed using Wolfram CDF Player. This suggestion was made by dwsmith to benefit the MHB community and distinguish the forum from others.
Dustinsfl
Mathematica notebooks that will numerical solve for eigenvalues, density plots, Fourier coefficients, and a few other options as well.

There are 7 files for 1-D and 2-D. I would like to upload them but the forum says they are invalid file types. I believe the MHB community would greatly benefit from having these files available to them. This would distinguish us from the other forums.

I only need the ability to upload them now.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can they work online or are they just available for download? Is this copyrighted at all? What file type are they?

Jameson said:
Can they work online or are they just available for download? Is this copyrighted at all? What file type are they?

It must be downloaded. There is no copyright on it. The are mathmatica .nb files.

http://www.mathhelpboards.com/f17/using-mathematica-plot-pdes-2024/#post9300

dwsmith said:
It must be downloaded. There is no copyright on it. The are mathmatica .nb files.

Hi dwsmith, :)

Nice suggestion dwmith. :) I think members who have Mathematica installed in their computers could submit notebook files(as I see there are also certain notebooks on the web for download) so that anybody can use them. But is it always possible to view these files using the Wolfram CDF Player? Otherwise people who don't have Mathematica won't be able to open them. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

Related to Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks

1. What is the purpose of Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks?

The purpose of Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks is to provide a platform for solving and visualizing mathematical problems related to heat and Laplace equations. These notebooks use the powerful computational capabilities of Mathematica to help scientists and engineers solve complex problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and mathematics.

2. How do I use Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks?

To use Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks, you first need to have Mathematica software installed on your computer. Then, you can open the notebook and enter your equations and parameters into the designated cells. You can also use the pre-built functions and examples provided in the notebook to solve specific problems. Finally, you can run the notebook to obtain numerical solutions and visualizations of your equations.

3. Can I customize the visualizations in Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks?

Yes, you can customize the visualizations in Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks by changing the parameters, color schemes, and other settings in the notebook. You can also add labels, legends, and annotations to make your visualizations more informative and presentable.

4. Are there any limitations to using Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks?

Like any other software, Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks have certain limitations. For example, they may not be able to solve extremely complex equations or handle large data sets. Additionally, they may not be suitable for certain specialized fields that require specific software or techniques. It's important to familiarize yourself with the capabilities and limitations of the notebooks before using them for your research or projects.

5. Can I share my Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks with others?

Yes, you can share your Heat and Laplace Mathematica Notebooks with others by exporting them in various formats such as PDF, HTML, or plain text. You can also share the notebook file itself, and the recipient can open and run it using Mathematica. Additionally, you can share your notebooks on the Mathematica user forum or other online platforms to collaborate with other users and get feedback on your work.