Hello, non-Physicist newby here!

enslay
How did you find PF?
Internet search
Hello Physics Forums,
I come from the math/statistics side. I have no formal Physics training beyond basic physics in university. But I do work with some hardcore nuclear medicine physicists... the kind that build their own novel PET/SPECT scanners and stuff like that. Anyway, my mathematical results don't always match Physics and I sought out people/communities I could hash out my misunderstanding. I've also had the pleasure of asking Ask The Physicist! but I don't think I understand his answer. Even though I come from math/statistics, it's difficult to communicate with Physicists. It's not even just nuclear medicine physicists, but even Ask The Physicist didn't understand me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. You have, most likely, come to the right place. We have a lot of smart, patient people here who are good a ferreting out exactly what is being asked, plus a lot of knowledgeable math folks AND physics folks.

AND ... if all else fails and the smart folks can't answer your questions, I'm always around to just make stuff up :smile:

enslay said:
How did you find PF?: Internet search

it's difficult to communicate with Physicists
Please provide a valid reference... oh sorry! It's a habit, welcome to PF!

Back