Help-Midterms [Electricity and Magnitism]

• Thread starter zephyrzephyr
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has visited the forums and found them helpful, but is struggling with a tough and depressing Physics course. They got a 40% on their midterm and are worried about failing the course. They are specifically struggling with electricity and need help. The midterm is worth 24% of their grade and they are feeling discouraged. They are looking for suggestions and help from others on the forum.
zephyrzephyr
Hello!
I've visted these forums many times-some provided to be more than helpful.
So i got around and decided to make an account and start posting.
I have a HUGE question, I've been aiming for a 4.0 this semester sadly-one of my courses Physics 102 [General Physics II] is just being not only tough but very depressing.
I got a 20/50 in my midterm-a 40% ie it's a failing grade.
It isn't my last midterm-yet I still feel like I'm going to fail this course.
Which is a nightmare and cannot happen.
Has anyone finished this course-or very good in it?
My weakest has always been in anything related in 'electricity'.
D: I never seem to get over that issue.
I really need help and I know that there are others who have either been in my situation or can help a tiny bit.
I'm very close to giving up.
This midterm is 24% of my grade.
My quizes are 24%My other midterm is 24%Final is 28%I just feel like I aim and never reach my actual goal.
Any suggestions-or are any further efforts useles..
Thank You.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey zephyrzephyr and welcome to the forums.

If you have specific directed questions you should post them in the forums. If you have homework questions, then if you follow the guidelines you can post these questions in those forums.

We have quite a few people here that look at those forums and are willing to help provided you put in your effort at your end.

Related to Help-Midterms [Electricity and Magnitism]

1. What is electricity?

Electricity is the flow of electric charge through a conductor. It is a form of energy that powers most of the devices we use in our daily lives.

2. What is magnetism?

Magnetism is the force of attraction or repulsion between objects that have a magnetic field. It is a fundamental force of nature that is responsible for many phenomena, such as the Earth's magnetic field and the behavior of magnets.

3. What is the relationship between electricity and magnetism?

The relationship between electricity and magnetism is described by Maxwell's equations, which state that a changing electric field produces a magnetic field and a changing magnetic field produces an electric field. This is known as electromagnetism and is the basis for many technologies, such as electric motors and generators.

4. How does electricity flow through a circuit?

Electricity flows through a circuit when there is a closed loop of conductive material, such as a wire, that connects a source of electricity (such as a battery) to a device. The flow of electric charge is driven by a difference in electric potential, also known as voltage. The direction of the flow is from the higher potential to the lower potential.

5. What are some applications of electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism have countless applications in our daily lives. Some common examples include powering electronic devices, generating electricity, and creating magnetic fields for MRI machines. Other applications include telecommunications, transportation, and renewable energy sources like wind turbines and solar panels.