Help with identifying the textbook

Physics news on Phys.org
Every freshman physics text should cover this topic.

Big thanks! I tried googling, though I didn't find the same book. Probably that's because current openstax University Physics is newer (published in 2016). Nevertheless, I am satisfied with the new version too

FAQ: Help with identifying the textbook

What information do I need to provide to help identify a textbook?

To help identify a textbook, you should provide the title, author(s), edition, ISBN, subject matter, and any distinctive features like cover design or key topics covered in the book.

Can I identify a textbook with just the ISBN?

Yes, the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) is a unique identifier for books and can be used to quickly and accurately identify a specific textbook.

What if I only remember the cover design and some key topics?

While cover design and key topics can be helpful, they may not be enough to definitively identify a textbook. Additional details such as the author's name, publisher, or any specific chapter titles can greatly assist in the identification process.

Are there online tools or databases to help identify a textbook?

Yes, there are several online tools and databases such as Google Books, WorldCat, and library catalogs that can help you identify a textbook by searching using keywords, ISBN, author names, or other relevant details.

Can I identify a textbook based on course information?

Yes, if you know the course name, number, and the institution where the course is offered, you can often find the required textbooks listed on the course syllabus or the institution's bookstore website, which can help in identifying the textbook.