How can I find the stopping power for a single energy value in FLUKA?

In summary, the card needed to add for finding stopping power for a single energy value in FLUKA is 'STOPHZ'. This card can be found in the FLUKA manual.
emilmammadzada
TL;DR Summary
How can I find a stopping power for a single energy value in fluka?
Hello friends. How can I find the stopping power for a single energy value in the fluka? Which card should I add to the input file for this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
The card you need to add to the input file is 'STOPHZ'. This card is used to specify the stopping power for a single energy value. You can find more information about this card in the FLUKA manual.

• Informative
Likes emilmammadzada
Aaron Barnard said:
The card you need to add to the input file is 'STOPHZ'. This card is used to specify the stopping power for a single energy value. You can find more information about this card in the FLUKA manual.
I couldn't find anything about this card, unfortunately, which guide do you use in the guide?

Related to How can I find the stopping power for a single energy value in FLUKA?

How can I find the stopping power for a single energy value in FLUKA?

In FLUKA, stopping power for a single energy value can be found by using the USRYIELD card. You need to set up a simulation where you specify the energy of the particle and the material through which it is passing. The output will provide you with the stopping power at that specific energy.

What input cards are necessary to calculate stopping power in FLUKA?

To calculate stopping power in FLUKA, you need to use the MATERIAL card to define the material, the BEAM card to specify the particle type and energy, and the USRYIELD card to request the stopping power calculation. Additionally, proper geometry setup using GEOBEGIN and GEOEND cards is required.

Can I calculate stopping power for multiple energies in a single FLUKA run?

Yes, you can calculate stopping power for multiple energies in a single FLUKA run by setting up different BEAM cards for each energy value and corresponding USRYIELD cards to record the stopping power for each energy. Alternatively, you can use a single BEAM card and a USRYIELD card with energy bins covering the range of interest.

How do I interpret the output of the USRYIELD card for stopping power?

The output of the USRYIELD card will typically be in the form of a text file that contains columns of data. These columns will include the energy values and the corresponding stopping power values. You will need to refer to the FLUKA manual to understand the exact format and units used in the output file.

Is it possible to use FLUKA to compare stopping power in different materials?

Yes, FLUKA can be used to compare stopping power in different materials by setting up separate simulations for each material. You will need to define each material using the MATERIAL card and run the simulations with the same particle type and energy. The stopping power for each material can then be extracted from the USRYIELD output and compared.