How Much Does the Bag Cost in This Math Problem?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Johnx1
  • Start date
In summary, the bag costs $59 and the watch costs $118, with the total cost of both items being $177.
Johnx1
I'm sure I'm correct, but i want to make sure.

A watch costs twice as much as a bag that costs \$w. the total cost of the two items is \$177.

a) how much does the bag cost?

my answer: 2w + w = 177

3w = 177

w = 59

so the bag cost \$59b) How much does the watch cost?

2w. so 2*59 = \$118

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Johnx said:
I'm sure I'm correct, but i want to make sure.

A watch costs twice as much as a bag that costs \$w. the total cost of the two items is \$177.

a) how much does the bag cost?

my answer: 2w + w = 177

3w = 177

w = 59

so the bag cost \$59

Very good. This is the correct answer.

b) How much does the watch cost?

2w. so 2*59 = \$118

Again, this is the correct answer. Keep up the good work!

Chris L T521 said:
Very good. This is the correct answer.
Again, this is the correct answer. Keep up the good work!

Chris, thank you for the time and checking my answers.

FAQ: How Much Does the Bag Cost in This Math Problem?

1. How much does the bag cost?

The cost of the bag can vary depending on the brand, size, and material. It's best to check with the retailer or brand directly for the most accurate pricing.

2. Is the bag expensive?

The cost of the bag can be considered expensive or affordable depending on personal budget and preferences. It's best to compare prices and features of different bags to determine what is considered expensive for you.

3. Does the cost of the bag include shipping?

This can vary depending on the retailer or brand. Some may offer free shipping while others may charge an additional fee. It's always best to check the details of the purchase before making a final decision.

4. Can I get a discount on the bag?

Some retailers or brands may offer discounts or promotions on bags, especially during sales events or holidays. It's worth checking for any current discounts or signing up for newsletters to receive notifications about future discounts.

5. How does the cost of the bag compare to similar bags?

The cost of the bag can vary depending on the brand, material, and features. It's best to compare prices of similar bags to get an idea of the average cost and determine if the bag is priced reasonably.

Back