How Tall and Heavy Are PF Members?

In summary, Daniel is around 5'2" and 115 lbs. Lily is around 5'10" and 165 lbs. Fibs is 5'10" and 165 lbs. All three are size-challenged.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I have no idea why I'm curious about this. Probably half to get some body types to go with the faces in the picture thread and half because I've been obsessing over NBA draft scouting recently. Anyway, I measured myself recently and came out right around 6'3", 180 lbs.

Physics news on Phys.org
Humm... those numbers sound familiar, about like mine... 30yrs ago.

6'3" 250lb.

Ummm... 5' 2.75" ( 5'3" to a very good approximation; ha! ha!).

In other words not quite tall enough to
a) write on the top 1/4 of most chalkboards w/o extending a long piece of chalk from the tip of my fingers while standing on tip-toe

b) pull down most overhead screens and sometimes even the cord hanging down from the screen unless I jump up.

137 lb.

On the OTHER hand I fit fairly comfortably into an economy (coach)? class plane seat. This is a very important advantage I have over many people especially on those 12+ hr trans-Atlantic flights.

Last edited:
6'1" 150lbs

Integral said:
Humm... those numbers sound familiar, about like mine... 30yrs ago.

6'3" 250lb.

:smile: :smile: :rolleyes:

About 5'10" and 150 lb.

It's a drag to have to convert from SI units but anyway:

5 feet 8 inches (172 cm)
167.2 lbs (though my weight has always been 132 lbs, this last year I have gained a great deal of weight)

5'9" and exactly 122.5 lbs. I barely fit the FDA's 'normal' weight bracket, only a few pounds from being labeled officially as "underweight." Then again, I do a lot of running and have a fairly high metabolism.

5' 2" and being the end of a long, rainy, depressing winter, a bit over 130 lbs (I prefer to stay a bit under, closer to 125, which will pretty easily return once the weather improves and I can get back to outdoor work).

6 feet 1 inch, 188 pounds.

Moonbear said:
5' 2" and being the end of a long, rainy, depressing winter, a bit over 130 lbs (I prefer to stay a bit under, closer to 125, which will pretty easily return once the weather improves and I can get back to outdoor work).

What a tiny little thing you are! (They say good things come in small packages!)

My 11 year old daugher is taller then that! (I Believe she is destined to be a 6' ft'er)

6'4 and between 190 and 200.

5'3", 118lbs (up from 102lbs, :redface: hey I hurt my knee!)

in S.I. units:
195 cm
85 kg

5'1.something" (and shrinking) :rolleyes:
120#

Integral said:
What a tiny little thing you are! (They say good things come in small packages!)

My 11 year old daugher is taller then that! (I Believe she is destined to be a 6' ft'er)

Yeah, it was pretty well destined by genetics (of my grandparents, only my paternal grandfather was taller than I am, and my mom and I are pretty much the same height; dad wasn't that tall either, but I don't remember exactly what his height was... 5'8" is what pops into mind, but I'm not sure). :rolleyes: It's probably why I'm always so cold...the whole surface area to volume thing just doesn't work in my favor. :biggrin:

5'10', 165 lbs...gotta lose that winter insulation...

Hey, when did I become a "Science Advisor"?? :redface:

Last edited:
Evo said:
5'3", 118lbs (up from 102lbs, :redface: hey I hurt my knee!)

Geez...do all your bones stick out? I weighed around 115 in grad school, and really looked like all bones (my boyfriend at the time complained that I needed to gain weight too...he didn't like being poked by bony hips and ribs :rolleyes:...apparently grandma was right, men do want some meat on a woman! Eat, eat!)

hmm,

5'2" and 115

yes, i am size challenged, except for the brain (i hope). never really measured it! :rolleyes: don't think anyone will know (until i die). I don't care, who says size matters :-p .

Fibs

DocToxyn said:
5'10', 165 lbs...gotta lose that winter insulation...

Hey, when did I become a "Science Advisor"?? :redface:

Sometime tonight. Congrats! :biggrin:

You have to ask this question just before warm weather? 5'4" @ 125lbs., and lily white all over...keep the sunglasses on for the glare! :eek:

Moonbear said:
Geez...do all your bones stick out? I weighed around 115 in grad school, and really looked like all bones (my boyfriend at the time complained that I needed to gain weight too...he didn't like being poked by bony hips and ribs :rolleyes:...apparently grandma was right, men do want some meat on a woman! Eat, eat!)
I have a very small frame, no hips, no rear, I can close my fingers around my thigh, I have very slender legs.

SOS2008 said:
...and lily white all over...keep the sunglasses on for the glare! :eek:

:smile: I get teased by my friends that if I was any paler, I'd be see-through. At least nowadays I can claim I'm just health-conscious avoiding skin cancer, but the reality is, even when I have enough of a tan to have clear tan lines, I get told I'm too pale and should get a tan. (I have such sweet friends, don't I?)

When I was in junior high school I was embarrased in gym because I was so pale and thin skinned that I looked green (from veins under the skin).

But, staying out of the sun all those years has resulted in very few wrinkles. :approve:

The child of Evo finally realized what I've been telling her for years. She compared me to women much younger and it scared her enough that she's stopped sunbathing. She took an SPF50 sunblock to Cancun last month. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
...It's probably why I'm always so cold...the whole surface area to volume thing just doesn't work in my favor. :biggrin:
I just saw this - funny. :smile:

Evo said:
I have a very small frame, no hips, no rear, I can close my fingers around my thigh, I have very slender legs.
I'd be happy to share some of mine. :-p I can get a tan, but it's harder to keep the weight off (darn Moonbear keeps baking cakes...!).

can i count my unpregnant weight? 5'2" 125 lbs pre-pregnancy, have put on 8 lbs since pregnancy...

Wow, it seems like all the women around here are tiny! :bugeye: :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Wow, it seems like all the women around here are tiny! :bugeye: :biggrin:
And alas, no NBA candidates among us...?

We must have put all our energy into brain development rather than bone growth! :biggrin:

I'm in there with Motai.
5'9" (down from original 5'10")
132 lbs. (half of that's a beer gut; my normal weight was 125-128 before beer)

Now if you'll excuse me, I just got home from work and have to go digging up quotes to attack. :biggrin: It'll take a while; you folks have been busy in my absence.

Moonbear said:
I can claim I'm just health-conscious avoiding skin cancer
If you're concerned about breast cancer as well, we're starting a clinic...

Evo said:
I was so pale and thin skinned that I looked green (from veins under the skin)
Are you part Vulcan?

Wow, you can tell the guys here are nerds, I would never let my weight drop below 160, probably even 180! I am about 6'-6'1" ~195lbs