How to Calculate the Sum of 5-Digit Numbers Using Specific Digits?

• MHB
  • Thread starter juantheron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sum
In summary, the problem is to find the sum of all 5-digit numbers that can be formed using the digits 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5. There are three cases: when all digits are distinct, when two digits are the same, and when two digits are of one kind and the other two are of another kind. However, the method for calculating the sum in cases (II) and (III) is not clear.
juantheron
The Total Sum of $5$ Digit no. which can be formed with the Digit $0,0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,5,6$

[a] without Repetition of Digit.

with Repetition of Digit

Physics news on Phys.org
jacks said:
The Total Sum of $5$ Digit no. which can be formed with the Digit $0,0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,5,6$

[a] without Repetition of Digit.

with Repetition of Digit

Hi jacks, :)

I don't understand why you have repeated the digits. Is your problem,

"Find the Total sum of $5$ digit numbers which can be formed with the digits $0,1,2,3,4,5,6$" ?

Oh Sorry Sudhakara The question is The Sum of $5$ Digit no. using the Digi $1,2,2,3,4,5,5$

My Try: I have formed Three cases

(I) When all Digits are Distinct

(II) When Two are same like $22134,22135,12355,12455$

(II) When two are of one kind and other two are of other kind. like $2255$

But I Did not Understand How can I calculate sum in (II) and (III) cases.

please help me . Thanks

FAQ: How to Calculate the Sum of 5-Digit Numbers Using Specific Digits?

What is the concept of "Sum of 5 digit number(II)"?

The concept of "Sum of 5 digit number(II)" refers to finding the total sum of all the digits in a 5 digit number. This is often used in mathematical calculations and can also be applied to larger numbers with more digits.

How do you find the sum of a 5 digit number?

To find the sum of a 5 digit number, you need to add together all the individual digits in the number. For example, if the number is 12345, the sum would be 1+2+3+4+5=15.

What is the largest possible sum of a 5 digit number?

The largest possible sum of a 5 digit number is 45, which occurs when all the digits in the number are 9. This is because 9 is the largest single digit number and 5 digits multiplied by 9 equals 45.

Can the sum of a 5 digit number be negative?

No, the sum of a 5 digit number cannot be negative. If the individual digits in the number are all negative, the sum will still be a positive number. If there are both positive and negative digits, they will cancel each other out and the sum will still be positive.

How is the sum of a 5 digit number related to other mathematical concepts?

The sum of a 5 digit number is related to various mathematical concepts such as addition, place value, and numerical patterns. It can also be used in more complex mathematical calculations, such as finding the mean or average of a set of numbers.

Back