How to prepare for the Calculus BC and Physics C Exam?

In summary: There is no full released BC exam from last year. There are released BC exams from 1969-1998, but they are not full exams. The released BC exams from 1999-2015 are full exams. There is no PDF for a fully released BC exam from last year.
Allehujah
Firstly, let me talk about my BC exam situation first and then the Physics C exam secondly. I just recently downloaded a PDF full of released BC exams from 1969 to 1998. Is there any PDF for a fully released BC exam from last year(2015)? What is the best textbook that is oriented towards this exam? (Don't recommend those prep books like PR or Barron's.) I want a book that explains the information clearly, full of exercises that are a lot like the questions that shall be on the test, and will fully prepare me for the test. I have some good books like Larson, Peterson, and Paul's Web Notes already. Would this be enough for the exam? Also why is there a sudden skip from the questions in the 20's to the 70's and onward on the released exam? Is this how the exam works(this is my first AP exam BTW)? Are the any videos that will prepare me for the exam? What will be on the exam this year?

As for the Physics C exam how can I prepare for that? Any recently released full exams for it? Some good textbooks? I have Feynman's Ledtures on Science Volume I. Is this enough?

I am new to these exams and these two will be my first. Please offer the best help and advice. I want a 5 on both of these. Any of you who got a 5? How did you prepare?

Physics news on Phys.org
Learn the subjects, not the test material.

Likes KiggenPig
Dr. Courtney said:
Learn the subjects, not the test material.
I understand the material but I want to make sure I don't come unprepared when it comes to the day of the exams. The practice tests I downloaded (both Calc BC and Physics C) had some problems I could easily do but others I had problems with mainly due to my lack of preparation. Any textbook that is oriented towards problems one would find on the exam?

Related to How to prepare for the Calculus BC and Physics C Exam?

1. What topics should I focus on while preparing for the Calculus BC and Physics C exams?

It is important to have a strong understanding of the fundamental concepts in both calculus and physics. Some specific topics to focus on include derivatives and integrals in calculus and mechanics and electricity and magnetism in physics.

2. How much time should I dedicate to studying for the Calculus BC and Physics C exams?

This can vary for each individual, but it is recommended to start studying at least 2-3 months before the exams. Plan to dedicate several hours each week to studying and reviewing material.

3. What are some effective study strategies for preparing for these exams?

Some effective strategies include practicing with past exams and sample problems, creating study guides or flashcards, and working through practice problems with a study group or tutor. It is also important to review and understand any concepts that you struggle with.

4. Are there any specific resources or materials that can help with studying for these exams?

There are many resources available, such as review books, online videos and tutorials, and study guides. It is important to choose materials that align with the topics covered in the exams and suit your learning style.

5. How can I best manage my time during the actual exams?

Make sure to read the instructions carefully and budget your time appropriately for each section of the exams. It may also be helpful to first answer the questions you feel most confident about and then go back to any more challenging ones. Don't forget to check your work for any errors before time runs out.