Improve Result of my CFD results

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of effective communication in the workplace. The speakers discussed the importance of clear and concise communication, active listening, and avoiding assumptions. They also emphasized the need for empathy and understanding in communication, especially in diverse work environments. Overall, the conversation highlighted the key elements of effective communication and their impact on productivity and team dynamics.
Smushiehippo
Im running a CFD simulation. Looking at improve my CFD simulation. my mesh is currently low density.

Q) Would increasing mesh density around the boundaries of the air craft wing capture the forces (velcoty & pressure) on my velocity map and added streamlines.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, increasing the mesh density near the edges would increase the accuracy of the simulation. It will also slow down the simulation.
You need the greatest mesh density where the velocity of the flow changes fastest.

Related to Improve Result of my CFD results

How can I refine the mesh to improve the accuracy of my CFD results?

Refining the mesh involves increasing the number of cells in areas with high gradients or complex geometries. You can use adaptive mesh refinement techniques, where the mesh is automatically refined based on error estimates or solution gradients. Ensure that the mesh is sufficiently fine near boundaries and interfaces to capture important flow features accurately.

What turbulence model should I choose for my CFD simulation?

The choice of turbulence model depends on the specific flow characteristics and the level of accuracy required. Common models include the k-ε, k-ω, and Reynolds Stress Models (RSM). For high-Reynolds-number flows, the k-ε model is often used, while the k-ω model can be more accurate for flows with adverse pressure gradients and separation. For highly complex flows, RSM or Large Eddy Simulation (LES) might be necessary.

How can I ensure the boundary conditions are correctly defined in my CFD simulation?

Correctly defining boundary conditions is crucial for obtaining accurate CFD results. Ensure that inlet and outlet boundary conditions match the physical situation, and use appropriate wall functions or no-slip conditions for solid boundaries. For transient simulations, initial conditions should be as accurate as possible to reduce convergence time and improve results.

What post-processing techniques can help in analyzing and improving my CFD results?

Post-processing techniques such as contour plots, vector plots, and streamline visualizations can help identify areas where the solution may need further refinement. Additionally, performing a sensitivity analysis by varying key parameters can provide insights into the robustness of your results. Quantitative validation against experimental or benchmark data is also essential.

How can I reduce numerical errors and ensure convergence in my CFD simulations?

To reduce numerical errors, use higher-order discretization schemes and ensure that the mesh quality is high, with minimal skewness and aspect ratio issues. Monitor residuals and key flow variables to assess convergence. If the solution is not converging, consider reducing the time step size for transient simulations or using under-relaxation factors for steady-state simulations.