Indonesia Playing Politics With Tsunami Relief

• News
  • Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    politics
In summary: It is also true that it may not be the right thing to do. However, anyone who would do the same should think twice before passing a guilty judgement.
Perhaps your insinuation this his father is an ignorant bigot?

tumor said:
I know what you old man will say, simply: Indonesian moslems bad and evil, americans the best people in the world.

Most people take jabs at their family rather personally you know. I'll use that as an example of a post that serves no purpose.

tumor said:
What that suppose to mean ? I can make funn of your name but I won't ,I'm not as childish as you are.Go back to your comics kid !

I wasn't making fun of your name, I was making fun of your habit of making useless posts. It's not my fault your handle, reflects your posting.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
tumor said:
Did I say something to you that you find offensive or maybe you are new moderator ?

Do you know what that means or maybe you need to reread your posts ?

Trying to get this back on topic, I just read THIS
Not enough transportation
Augstburger said that despite a huge international relief operation involving military forces from a number of countries, there were still not enough helicopters and boats available to deliver the needed aid.

He said if that didn’t happen, things could become “very serious” in outlying areas.

“The food is here. We have to deliver the food. Stocks are being piled here (in Meulaboh),” he said.

Officials say one problem is the need for repeated air drops in the same area. With many villages completely wiped out, and others coping with an influx of refugees, a constant schedule of aid deliveries needs to be established to keep people supplied.
So there should be no question that what is needed is for Indonesia to allow the US military to set-up operations in such a way as to enable them to function at peak efficiency instead of forcing them to comply with destructive, politically motivated rules. People are starving and the government is more worried about fighter jets circling around miles off the coast than they are about getting the helicopters they need.

revelator said:
I wasn't making fun of your name, I was making fun of your habit of making useless posts.

So are yours, Brain !

Locrian said:
Do you know what that means or maybe you need to reread your posts ?

Kid,you too better go play with your dolls.

Last edited:
One final thought before this thread is locked:

I was thinking today that I may have missed the real reason for not wanting US Navy ships off the coast of Indonesia. The Indonesian government may not want their citizens to see them. It could be another form of propaganda - they don't want their people to see the enormity of the US aid and have a favorable opinion of us.

Now you talking BS my friend.
Sorry but I had to tell you that.

One more thing, guess who gives more to the poor nations,Sweden, Denmark,Netherlands, and almost all of Europe,0.7 % out of their GDP.
" Compassionate " Canada and USA gives 0.23 %.

This thread is continuing to spiral downhill.