IPod voice memo is "playing" but no sound

• MHB
  • Thread starter MermaidWonders
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sound
In summary, a person's iPod is not producing any sound when they try to listen to a lecture recording. They have tried using headphones and resetting the iPod but it is still not working. They are asking for advice on how to fix the issue.
MermaidWonders
Hey!

Thought I'd drop by and ask. Something strange happened this morning. I turned on my iPod because I was going to listen to a lecture recording for a class. I could get the voice memo to "play", but absolutely no sound is coming out. I tried it with and without headphones, but no luck at all. :( Anyone else encountered this sort of issue before? If so, anyone willing to share how to go about fixing it? That recording is SUPER important to me.

EDIT: That same recording was working perfectly fine yesterday.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi there, sorry to hear about your iPod not working. I had a similar issue with my phone before and I had to reset it to get it to work properly again. Have you tried doing a reset on your iPod? It might be worth a shot. If that doesn't work, then I suggest taking it to a repair shop and see what they can do. Good luck!

Related to IPod voice memo is "playing" but no sound

What does it mean when the iPod voice memo is "playing" but there is no sound?

This issue can occur due to a variety of reasons. The most common cause is that the volume on your iPod is turned down or muted. Make sure to check the volume controls and adjust them accordingly.

How can I fix the issue of no sound while playing voice memos on my iPod?

If the volume is not the problem, try restarting your iPod by holding down the power button until the "slide to power off" screen appears. Slide to power off and then turn your iPod back on. This can help resolve any software glitches that may be causing the issue.

Why can't I hear anything when playing voice memos on my iPod?

Another possible reason for this problem is that there is a problem with the headphone jack or the headphones itself. Try using a different pair of headphones or cleaning the headphone jack to see if that solves the issue.

Is there a way to recover the sound on my iPod voice memos?

If the above solutions do not work, you can try resetting your iPod. This will not erase any of your data, but it can often resolve technical issues. To reset your iPod, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

How can I prevent this issue from happening again in the future?

To prevent any potential issues with sound on your iPod, make sure to regularly update your device's software and keep it well-maintained. If the problem continues to occur, it may be a sign of a larger hardware issue and you may need to seek professional help.