Is Physics Schooling the Solution to Misconceptions About the Ether?

• Thread starter blakeS
  • Start date
In summary, studying physics can help clarify misconceptions about the concept of the ether. The idea of the ether, a hypothetical substance that was once believed to fill all space and be the medium for light transmission, has been disproven through various scientific experiments and theories. However, many people still hold onto this outdated concept, leading to misunderstandings and confusion. By learning about the principles of physics, including the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics, individuals can gain a better understanding of the nature of space and light, and dispel any misconceptions about the ether.
blakeS
How did you find PF?
google search
Hello, I'm an electrical engineer that is considering going back to school for physics. Thought I would post here a bit.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile:

Likes blakeS
Sorry, this might seem strange, but I don't think I'm a good fit for this place. There seems to be very specific type of posting wanted here and that is not me. If some mod could please delete my account, would be appreciated.

No need to delete your account. If PF is not right for you at the moment, the account will still be there after you get more Physics schooling under your belt. Your thoughts about the Ether and other misconceptions will get washed away with your new Physics knowledge. :smile: