Is this material is good for fiber optics and who would buy it?

In summary, the conversation talks about the speaker's attempts to improve their economic situation by creating new inventions. They mention a new material, Ultrason e 3010, and ask if it can be used for fiber optics and if there are any potential buyers or laboratories interested in purchasing it. They also provide a link to information on the material's properties and suggest using the Wikipedia article on fiber optics for more information.
hagopbul
Hello All :

as i try to create better economical situation for my self , as some of you noticed that i tried to enhance few things in engines , although it did not quaitly work out it lead to another invention , i couldnt change it yet to economical benefit , due to tests required , and dont know how to change a scientific work into profit

a friend of mine offer me to help him selling some polymer materials , as a way to create a mutual benefit , the material is Ultrason e 3010 .

my question is this material is able to be used for fiber optics ?
if yes do you know who will process it so we contact them ?
if know do you know any possible buyers so we contact them ?
is there any laboratories who do research on polymers need quantities of it so we contact them ?

Best Regards
Hagop

link on some material information :
https://www.campusplastics.com/campus/en/datasheet/Ultrason®+E+3010+NAT/BASF/20/2d44628b/US

Science news on Phys.org
The Wikipedia article on FO materials and manufacturing is pretty good. Have a look at it to see if you can answer your own question (see the Materials Properties and Manufacturing sections mid-way through the article):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_fiber

Likes hagopbul and Vanadium 50
hagopbul said:
my question is this material is able to be used for fiber optics ?
The loss through (several metres of?) the material may be the most relevant property for a useful light fibre. You can look that up, easily.

FAQ: Is this material is good for fiber optics and who would buy it?

1. What properties make a material suitable for fiber optics?

To be suitable for fiber optics, a material must have high transparency, low attenuation, and the ability to be drawn into thin fibers. Additionally, it should have a high refractive index difference between the core and cladding to ensure efficient light transmission.

2. How do I determine if my material has low attenuation?

Low attenuation can be determined by measuring the loss of signal strength as light travels through the material. This is typically done using specialized equipment that measures the decibel loss per kilometer (dB/km). Materials with lower dB/km values are considered better for fiber optics.

3. Are there specific tests to evaluate the transparency of a material for fiber optics?

Yes, transparency can be evaluated using spectrophotometry, which measures the amount of light that passes through the material at different wavelengths. Materials that allow a high percentage of light to pass through are considered more transparent and suitable for fiber optics.

4. Who are the potential buyers for fiber optic materials?

Potential buyers for fiber optic materials include telecommunications companies, internet service providers, medical device manufacturers, military and defense organizations, and industries involved in data transmission and networking. These sectors require high-performance materials for efficient and reliable communication systems.

5. What are the common materials used in fiber optics, and how do they compare to my material?

The most common materials used in fiber optics are silica glass and various types of plastic. Silica glass is known for its excellent transparency and low attenuation, making it the gold standard for high-performance fiber optics. Plastic optical fibers are typically used for shorter distances and less demanding applications. To compare your material, you should evaluate its transparency, attenuation, and mechanical properties against these benchmarks.

Back