Ive got a question about light.

• Thread starter Osirus1156
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Light
In summary, the conversation was about the dual nature of light, acting as both a particle and a wave. The speaker also mentioned that they heard light can act as something else, but did not specify what. The other person in the conversation suggested it could be related to the double-slit experiment, which is known for its weirdness.
Osirus1156
So, I know light acts as a particle and as a wave, but I've also heard it acts as some other things as well and I was wondering if any of you guys knew what that was?

Now also I am not looking to start a debate as to whether it is a particle or a wave.

Science news on Phys.org
Some other thing? I've only heard of the wave-particle duality. Where did you hear this from?

My physics teacher, he told us about something else, when I asked him he just said to wait until we got to light, he would only tell me it was really weird.

I wonder if he's going to tell you about the double-slit experiment. (Well, that's covered under "acts like a wave" - but it is about as weird as it gets)

Well, maybe he knows something we don't ha.

FAQ: Ive got a question about light.

1. What is light?

Light is a form of electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye. It consists of particles called photons, which travel in waves at a constant speed of approximately 186,282 miles per second.

2. How does light travel?

Light travels in straight lines through a vacuum or transparent medium. It can also be reflected, refracted, or absorbed by different materials and surfaces.

3. What is the speed of light?

The speed of light in a vacuum is approximately 186,282 miles per second. This is known as the speed of light constant and denoted by the symbol 'c'.

4. What colors make up white light?

White light is composed of all the colors of the visible spectrum. These colors include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. When combined, they create white light.

5. How is light used in everyday life?

Light is used in a variety of ways in everyday life. It allows us to see objects and colors, it is used in photography and film, it is used in communication through fiber optics, and it is used in various medical and scientific technologies such as lasers and x-rays.