Microeconomics: Current Production Possibilities Curve Choice

• Thread starter davie08
  • Start date
In summary, the correct answer is a) allow it to achieve more rapid economic growth than would the choice of point N.
davie08
Microeconomics help!(3-5)

Homework Statement

question 5.png

Refer to the above production possibilities curves. Curve (a) is the current curve for the economy. Other things being equal, society's current choice of point P on curve (a) will:
Answer

a)allow it to achieve more rapid economic growth than would the choice of point N.

b)entail a slower rate of economic growth than would the choice of point N.

c)entail the same rate of growth as would the choice of point N.

d)be unobtainable because it exceeds the productive capacity of the economy.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I went with b on this one just because I though I learned that when its the lower point it will entail a slower rate of growth but really I have no idea.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello! I can provide some insight on this question. The correct answer is actually a) allow it to achieve more rapid economic growth than would the choice of point N.

This is because point P is on the production possibilities curve, meaning that it represents the most efficient use of resources for the current economy. Choosing point N, which is inside the curve, would mean that the economy is not using all of its resources efficiently and therefore would result in a slower rate of economic growth. Point P, on the other hand, represents the maximum output that the economy can produce at the current time, so choosing this point would allow for more rapid economic growth.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Related to Microeconomics: Current Production Possibilities Curve Choice

1. What is Microeconomics?

Microeconomics is a branch of economics that studies the behavior of individuals and firms in making decisions regarding the allocation of scarce resources and the interactions between these individuals and firms in the market.

2. Why is Microeconomics important?

Microeconomics helps us understand how individuals and firms make decisions, how prices are determined, and how markets function. It also helps us analyze and predict the effects of government policies and external factors on the economy.

3. What are the key concepts in Microeconomics?

The key concepts in Microeconomics include supply and demand, market equilibrium, elasticity, consumer and producer behavior, market failures, and government intervention.

4. How can I apply Microeconomics in real life?

Microeconomics can be applied in various real-life situations such as personal decision-making, understanding market trends and consumer behavior, analyzing business strategies, and evaluating government policies and regulations.

5. What are the different types of Microeconomics analysis?

The two main types of Microeconomics analysis are positive analysis, which focuses on explaining and predicting economic phenomena, and normative analysis, which involves evaluating and recommending policies to improve economic outcomes.