My problem with the relativity representation on gravity.

In summary: The pushing is coming from the hand, and thus the coulomb force. No gravity used to describe gravity (and no body need be attached to the hand). Its an metaphor, you are "supposed" to focus on the parts it purports to explain, not the other stuff...Better to drop it completely and read MTW's analogy of the rubber sheet. And stop using the bowling ball analogy altogether!In summary, the author thinks that the standard gravity explanations are a poor representation because there is no reason that the moon would slide down this inclination other than a separate source of gravity pulling it downward. He thinks that there is a better way to imagine how warped space is able to pull other objects inward
Passionflower said:
Certainly things can be at rest wrt to other things in curved spacetime except of course when a spacetime is non-stationary. I also see no issues with considering things at rest wrt certain coordinate values, for instance a Schwarzschild radius or a shell with a given r-value.
We are in agreement then; I'm not sure anymore what this little quibble was about lol. What exactly is the issue in conclusion?