Nanyang Technological University

• Schools
  • Thread starter sparsh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, Sparsh is from India and is a graduate of NUS. He is a strict lactovegetarian and has no problems finding vegetarian food in Singapore. He is worried about food in Singapore, but is reassured by others that it is no problem. He is not eligible for any Government administered scholarships, but does have some ideas for finding scholarships.
sparsh
Hi people

I am a student from India and have just finished my 12th grade. Could anyone give me some feedback on Nanyang Technological University , Singapore. I have applied for engineering courses this year and hopefully should clear the exam (just hope so)

Thanks
Sparsh

http://www.alchemy-education.com/Board

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sparsh said:
Hi people

I am a student from India and have just finished my 12th grade. Could anyone give me some feedback on Nanyang Technological University , Singapore. I have applied for engineering courses this year and hopefully should clear the exam (just hope so)

Thanks
Sparsh

http://www.alchemy-education.com/Board

Well, I hope you come to Singapore, it's a nice place. :smile:

I don't have any direct experience with NTU, because I'm an NUS medical grad. However, I can tell you that it's got a beautiful campus in a somewhat rural area (well, as rural as you can get in urban Singapore) and has a good rep for Engineering and Tech subjects.

Hmmm...

Well I want to ask you something more...

It might sound somewhat unimportant to you but I am really concerned that whether one can get vegetarian food in Singapore. I am a veggie and many people have told me that food could be one big problem in Singapore. Is it really so ?

Where do you originally belong ??

Vegetarianism is not uncommon in Singapore. There are food outlets which cater to vegetarians. That should be the least of your worries.

I am a Malaysian graduating soon from NUS. sparsh... are you going to stay in NTU hostel? You most probably going to find vegetarian food stall in the campus canteen too. So yea... dun worry about the food. :smile:

sparsh said:
Well I want to ask you something more...

It might sound somewhat unimportant to you but I am really concerned that whether one can get vegetarian food in Singapore. I am a veggie and many people have told me that food could be one big problem in Singapore. Is it really so ?

Where do you originally belong ??

You're asking the right person - I am a strict lactovegetarian (take milk and veggies only), and have been so from birth (Brahmin, etc.)

You will have ZERO problems with Indian vegetarian food in Singapore - there are at least 20 restaurants serving nothing but Ind. Veggie food (pure veg, not mixed). I can certainly recommend you some good ones if you're interested.

Thanks a lot ...
All of u have been of great help...

Regards
Sparsh

yenchin said:
I am a Malaysian graduating soon from NUS. sparsh... are you going to stay in NTU hostel? You most probably going to find vegetarian food stall in the campus canteen too. So yea... dun worry about the food. :smile:

Yup If i am granted admission then i shall be staying in the NTU hostel...

hey people I got through NTU but without any scholarship. i will have to pay S$ 24420 per annum as tution fee. Is studying in NTU really worth that money. Please respond as I have to confirm my admission offer at the earliest. Thanks once again .

People post your NTU result at http://www.alchemy-education.com/Board/viewtopic.php?t=20

Can you apply for Ministry of Education Tuition Grant?

http://sam11.moe.gov.sg/tass/menu/faq.pdf

Hmm

well this was not the page i was looking for. I have already read these before but what I want to know is that since I have been admitted upon condition to pay the full tution fee will i be eligible to apply for the tution grant ?

Maybe you would like to call the university just to be sure. But many students in Singapore do not have the luxury of scholarship, we take up the tuition grant instead which helps to pay 80% of the fee, with the condition that we have to work with a Singapore registered company or institution upon graduation. As for the rest of the 20% there are different types of loans and bursaries available. And I think that counts as "paying the full tuition fee" although you are getting money from elsewhere to pay them... It is very rare to have student pay the full tuition fee all by his or herself.

I just contacted the university today. Theyve told me that I am not eligible for any University administered scholarships ... I will have to look for some external funding for my course of study. Do you have any ideas as to where to look for scholarships ?

Have you considered the MOE tuition grant scheme?

They are saying that am not eligible to apply for that as it is administered by NTU only..

Hey guys. Sorry Sparsh to interrupt your conversation. Let me introduce myself. I am from India, completed my 12th from http://cisb.org.in/" school. Awaiting for the results to come out...

I have applied to Nanyang Technological University. Now, I have a question regarding scholarships. If I get a scholarship from the university, how much money do I have to spend extra from my side?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Related to Nanyang Technological University

What is Nanyang Technological University known for?

Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is known for its strong emphasis on research and innovation, particularly in science and technology fields. It is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Asia and has a strong reputation for producing highly skilled graduates.

How selective is Nanyang Technological University?

NTU is a highly selective university, with an acceptance rate of around 15%. The university looks for well-rounded students with strong academic backgrounds, leadership potential, and a passion for learning.

What are the campus facilities like at Nanyang Technological University?

NTU's campus is known for its modern and state-of-the-art facilities. This includes research laboratories, libraries, sports facilities, and student accommodation. The university also has a beautiful and green campus, with plenty of outdoor spaces for students to relax and study.

What are the most popular majors at Nanyang Technological University?

NTU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, but some of the most popular majors include engineering, business, computer science, and communication studies. The university also has a strong focus on interdisciplinary studies, allowing students to combine different fields of study.

What opportunities are there for international students at Nanyang Technological University?

NTU has a diverse and international student population, with students from over 100 countries. The university offers various support services for international students, including English language courses, cultural exchange programs, and career development opportunities. NTU also has partnerships with universities around the world, providing students with the opportunity to study abroad.