Photo Contest - What's New Pussycat? (7/24-7/31)

In summary, this conversation is about a photo contest dedicated to cats. The rules for the contest include submitting a digital photo or digitally-scanned photo related to the theme, resizing the photo to no more than 650 x 490 pixels, uploading it to a photo server, and only submitting one photo per member. The winner will be chosen through a poll and the photo must be taken by the member submitting it. The conversation also includes discussion and sharing of cat photos and strategies for finding hidden kittens.
Zoobie attacks Einstein from behind.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2479/sneakattackmn0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You have 2 full days left to submit a picture to this contest, if you haven't done so already. As you can see, there's already plenty of fur flying all over the place!

:)

Zz <coughing up a fur ball>

Ivan Seeking said:
Zoobie attacks Einstein from behind.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Dangerous

:smile: :smile: :smile:

marlon

Moonbear said:
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2820/luckyud8.jpg
[/URL]

Ohhh, this makes me think of how we found SILVIO. That's one of our cats that we found in a plastic bag close to the universitary hospital.

Nice kitten btw.

marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
marlon said:
Ohhh, this makes me think of how we found SILVIO. That's one of our cats that we found in a plastic bag close to the universitary hospital.

Nice kitten btw.

marlon
Yes, he was a very nice kitten, but turned into an ornery old cat! The ungrateful thing moved out to a barn when he grew up, and refused to even come near us. (Actually, he might have just been a very smart cat...we gave him to my step-sister after we got him onto solid food, and her youngest son, who was only a toddler at the time, thought all pets were there to wrestle with him. :rolleyes:)

Evo said:
What a beautiful cat, how horrible! :cry: What happened to the Rottweiler? :devil:
One thing about Simon: He was a massive cat, and if you supported his body when you picked him up, he would just lie back and look at you like he and you were buddies.

Moonbear said:
Yes, he was a very nice kitten, but turned into an ornery old cat! The ungrateful thing moved out to a barn when he grew up, and refused to even come near us. (Actually, he might have just been a very smart cat...we gave him to my step-sister after we got him onto solid food, and her youngest son, who was only a toddler at the time, thought all pets were there to wrestle with him. :rolleyes:)
Well, in the case of Silvio, he went on to become a very big and healthy cat. Most of our visitors are always very surprised of how big he actually became. But he is indeed very shy. Actually, he only responds to my girlfriend's voice (she is the one who actually found him) and sometimes he will come to me too if i call him. If someone else is in the room, he will hide himself. He also likes to hide in bags, boxes and loves playing with shadows. This is something my other cats never do.

I do think that most of his behaviour is determined by the fact that he was probably abused (hit, beaten,...) when he was very young. We have had him for more than two years now and although he has the best of food and environment, he will always remain afraid of people that "he does not know". Even my brother who visits us regularly has never been able to pick up and caress Silivio, unlike our other cats.

regards
marlon

marlon said:
Well, in the case of Silvio, he went on to become a very big and healthy cat. Most of our visitors are always very surprised of how big he actually became.
Sounds just like Lucky. Everyone was amazed that such a tiny thing that we weren't even sure would live with bottle feeding turned into such a big adult cat! He certainly had his quirks though. He got lots of baths when we first got him...at first we needed to wipe his bottom to get him to eliminate, but once he was able to do it on his own, he was quite messy about it (before he was old enough to find a litter box yet, and was still on a bottle). He ended up loving jumping into the bathtub if the water was running, so everyone had to be careful not to run the bathwater too hot in case he just dove in (not fun having a cat join you in the bathtub either), but then the rest of the time, he'd be off hiding somewhere wanting nothing to do with people, even though he was really friendly as a kitten (I have pictures of him lying on top of people, sleeping on their backs while they laid on the floor watching TV, or sitting on top of my sister's head). Maybe he just got a bit miffed when we had him neutered. :rolleyes:

Our last ferret (Turbo, my avatar) loved to jump in the shower and liked playing in water, especially if there were some nice slippery ice cubes to attack. He did not enjoy getting baths, though, and would actively try to avoid them, although since he was less than 3 pounds, he couldn't do much about it when I caught him. Still, when he saw us getting out a couple of bath towels and filling the sink, he could be pretty elusive.

Moonbear said:
He got lots of baths when we first got him...

Yep same here.

at first we needed to wipe his bottom to get him to eliminate, but once he was able to do it on his own, he was quite messy about it (before he was old enough to find a litter box yet, and was still on a bottle).

:smile: yep same here. i have had the "pleasure" of doing lots of these "bottom wipings" (i don't know if wiping is correct English but i am sure you get my point:wink: )

He ended up loving jumping into the bathtub if the water was running,

Incredible, Silvio had the same "hobby" when he was young.
He also once "used our toilet". I have never seen it but my girlfriend did:smile:

even though he was really friendly as a kitten (I have pictures of him lying on top of people, sleeping on their backs while they laid on the floor watching TV, or sitting on top of my sister's head). Maybe he just got a bit miffed when we had him neutered. :rolleyes:

Yep, i got such pictures too.

Indeed, the similarities are very clear here.
Well, i am just glad that everything turned out just fine given the circumstances...

regards
marlon

Moonbear said:
He ended up loving jumping into the bathtub if the water was running, so everyone had to be careful not to run the bathwater too hot in case he just dove in (not fun having a cat join you in the bathtub either)

That is funny! :smile: :smile: