Plot normal distribution with measurement results

Lambda96
TL;DR Summary
Plot normal distribution with measurement results
Hi,

I have completed an experiment at university as part of my internship and have now received several measurement results which I would like to analyze statistically and plot the results as a normal distribution in Mathematica. Is this even possible with Mathematica? Unfortunately, I haven't found anything about it on the Internet.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can plot pretty much anything in Mathematica, but I am not sure what you mean by plot the results as a normal distribution

Likes FactChecker
Do you want to compare your data with a theoretical normal distribution graphically?
You could easily plot a histogram of your data and compare it to a normal distribution whose mean equals your data mean and whose standard deviation equals your data standard deviation.
You could similarly plot the cumulative distribution of your data and compare it to the CDF of a normal distribution whose mean equals your data mean and whose standard deviation equals your data standard deviation.

Alternatively, you can statistically compare your data with a normal distribution using the Chi-squared goodness of fit test. But I am not immediately sure how many degrees of freedom you would have if you use the sample data to estimate the parameters of the normal distribution. I think it would be reduced by 2.