PSPICE Error when trying to run simulation

In summary, the individual built a circuit and attempted to run a parametric sweep of the voltage source from 0V to 30V with a 0.1V interval. However, they encountered an error when simulating the circuit, and after trying on different computers, they still got the same error. They then created a new circuit and encountered a new error. After further discussion and making adjustments to the circuit, the issue was resolved.
ammarb32
Hi, so I built this circuit
Circuit Schematic.PNG

I'm trying to run a parametric sweep of the voltage source. I'm running it from 0V to 30V with a 0.1V interval

So I put up the simulation settings that I wanted:

Simulation Settings For Circuit.PNG
and I ended up getting this error:
Error for Simulation.PNG

I tried it on different computers as well and I still got the same error.

Thank You.EDIT: I got a new, different error after designing the circuit from scratch again:

New Circuit Schematic:
New Circuit Schematic.PNG
New Error:

New Simulation Error.PNG

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
ammarb32 said:
Hi, so I built this circuitView attachment 95301

I'm trying to run a parametric sweep of the voltage source. I'm running it from 0V to 30V with a 0.1V interval

So I put up the simulation settings that I wanted:

View attachment 95302and I ended up getting this error:View attachment 95303

I tried it on different computers as well and I still got the same error.

Thank You.EDIT: I got a new, different error after designing the circuit from scratch again:

New Circuit Schematic: View attachment 95306New Error:

View attachment 95305
It looks like your connection to the base of the NPN transistor missed, and connected to the collector? That leaves the base open, which would generate a netlist error. Your voltage source is also backwards -- you need a + voltage supply for the collector in this circuit. :smile:

berkeman said:
ted to the colle

"Connected to the collector"? What exactly does that mean?

Also, I flipped the voltage source:

Voltage Flipped 180 degrees.PNG

ammarb32 said:
"Connected to the collector"? What exactly does that mean?

Also, I flipped the voltage source:

View attachment 95311
In your first version that you posted in post #1, the base current source is shown connecting to the collector of the NPN transistor, and the base is open. Now that is fixed, but your flipped voltage source is not connected to the collector, and there is no ground connection to the - terminal of the voltage source. :smile:

I have this schematic now. I'm wondering if this would fix it.

New Schematic 3.PNG

ammarb32 said:
I have this schematic now. I'm wondering if this would fix it.

View attachment 95312

It didn't work. I still get this error.
New Simulation Error 4.PNG

ammarb32 said:
It didn't work. I still get this error.View attachment 95313
Looks closer. Move the ground symbol down a couple grid points below the wires that connect to it, and run a wire down from that T point to the ground symbol.

Also, can you output the netlist from this circuit? That will help to figure out what the SPICE compiler doesn't like.

Hey, sorry I couldn't reply earlier. It worked when I moved the ground symbol down a couple grid points. Thank You! :)

Likes berkeman

Related to PSPICE Error when trying to run simulation

1) Why am I getting a PSPICE Error when trying to run my simulation?

There are a few potential reasons for this error. It could be due to incorrect circuit connections, improper component values or models, or a problem with the simulation settings. It is important to carefully check all aspects of your circuit and simulation setup to identify and resolve the specific issue causing the error.

2) How can I troubleshoot a PSPICE Error during simulation?

The best way to troubleshoot a PSPICE Error is to systematically go through each component and connection in your circuit to ensure they are all correct. You can also try adjusting simulation settings, checking for any missing or incorrect models, and running the simulation with simplified versions of your circuit to isolate the problem.

3) Can PSPICE Errors be caused by faulty hardware?

In most cases, PSPICE Errors are not caused by faulty hardware. However, it is possible for a malfunctioning component to cause issues with the simulation. If you have ruled out all other potential causes, you may want to check your hardware components to ensure they are functioning properly.

4) How can I prevent PSPICE Errors in the future?

To prevent PSPICE Errors, it is important to carefully check your circuit and simulation setup before running the simulation. Double-check all connections, component values, and simulation settings to ensure they are correct. It can also be helpful to use simpler versions of your circuit to test for errors before running a more complex simulation.

5) Are there any online resources for troubleshooting PSPICE Errors?

Yes, there are many online forums and resources available for troubleshooting PSPICE Errors. You can also refer to the PSPICE User's Guide for specific error codes and solutions. Additionally, reaching out to the manufacturer or support team for your specific version of PSPICE can also be helpful in resolving errors.