Publishing books on arXiv, a new trend?

sbrothy
Gold Member
Didn't really know where to put this but chose this subforum as I'm not willing to defend it's rigorousness nor it's scientific validity (I simply don't know enough about the subject). I also realize it's posted under Popular Physics (physics.pop-ph); Quantum Physics (quant-ph) and the first one always kinda raises a little red flag for me. But this one:

What You Shouldn't Know About Quantum Computers

"Whether you're a CEO strategizing the future of your company, a tech enthusiast debating your next career move, a high school teacher eager to enlighten your students, or simply tired of the relentless quantum hype, this is crafted just for you. Cutting through the complex jargon to deliver the straight facts on quantum computing, peeling away the layers of mystique to reveal the true potential and limitations of this groundbreaking technology. Prepare to have your misconceptions challenged, and your understanding deepened in this clear-eyed view of the quantum future, written to inform and inspire readers across the spectrum of curiosity and need."

looks like the first draft to an actual book. Is this normal? Are there more of these on arXiv?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oooh. Yes preprint. Makes sense to me now. Duh. :)

DrClaude said:
Not an entire book, but a long write-up that was expanded into a book:

Franck Laloe

Do we really understand quantum mechanics?​

https://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0209123

Incidentally, is it a coincidence that this particular iteration isn’t found on Popular Physics? Has it matured or did you just leave it out? :)

EDIT: Just to be clear: I’m joking, not playing smart!