Quantum Eraser Experiment at home

Bila
TL;DR Summary
Is this guide for conducting a quatum erase experiment (observer effect), really accurate, or does it in fact demonstrate somethingt diffent than that?
I was tryingt to find away to build a setup for conducting the quantum erase experiment, demonstrating the observer effect. It seemed impossible without expensive equipment for sending single photont and detecting single photons, then however I bumbed into this guide from scientific american (see link below). It definetly claims to represent the quantum eraser experiment, but I anyway got a bit suspicious. Is it really? Or is it rather just showint that light with different polarization do not interfere with each other? I cant really make out if its genuion or not, so any input would be highly appreciated.

Here is the guide:

Moderator's note: link to copyrighted material removed. It is available with a subscription at https://www.scientificamerican.com/issue/sa/2007/05-01/

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
You are correct in thinking that this as nothing to do with quantum erasure. I also really hate that they keep talking about photons, while the light source is a laser, which is the most classical light you can have.

Likes Klystron