R.I.P. David Soul 28.8.1943-4.1.2024

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
pinball1970
Gold Member
Probably remembered by my generation for Star of Starsky and Hutch and Salem's Lot TV series in the 1970s.

He also stared in the Magnum Force, part of the Dirty Harry series of films.

He had a singing career with some hit singles, "Don't give up on us baby," was a big hit.

• Care
Likes difalcojr, davenn and Astronuc
Physics news on Phys.org
Silver Lady was played every Friday night at my local community centre when the world of disco hit small-town Scotland in 1978.

Likes pinball1970 and jedishrfu
jedishrfu said:
He was in Star Trek TOS too as a teen in the episode The Apple as an early advocate of single bite computers:
Pic? I remember the episode, but not all of the faces.

Hopefully he was not wearing a red shirt -- that would have been a short appearance... :wink:

pinball1970 said:
"Don't give up on us baby," was a big hit.
I had to quickly visit the Obituary page and double-check. Whew.........different spelling. Long live the Hutch

Likes jedishrfu
berkeman said:
Pic? I remember the episode, but not all of the faces.

Hopefully he was not wearing a red shirt -- that would have been a short appearance... :wink:
David Soul as “Makora” in Star Trek, “The Apple” 1967

1704804520149.png

Likes robphy and berkeman
Magnum Force.

1704804716309.png

Likes robphy
Cops on Moto Guzzis! I thought that was so cool. I had a 750 Ambassador.

Likes pinball1970

FAQ: R.I.P. David Soul 28.8.1943-4.1.2024

Who was David Soul?

David Soul was an American-British actor and singer, best known for his role as Detective Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchinson in the television series "Starsky & Hutch" which aired from 1975 to 1979. He also had a successful music career, with hits like "Don't Give Up on Us" and "Silver Lady".

What is the significance of the dates 28.8.1943-4.1.2024?

The dates 28.8.1943-4.1.2024 represent the birth and death dates of David Soul. He was born on August 28, 1943, and passed away on January 4, 2024.

What were some of David Soul's notable achievements?

David Soul achieved fame both as an actor and a singer. His portrayal of Hutch in "Starsky & Hutch" made him a household name. As a singer, he topped the charts with songs like "Don't Give Up on Us," which reached number one in both the US and UK. He also appeared in various films and stage productions throughout his career.

What impact did David Soul have on popular culture?

David Soul had a significant impact on popular culture, particularly in the 1970s. His role in "Starsky & Hutch" became iconic, influencing the buddy cop genre in television and film. His music also resonated with a wide audience, contributing to the soundtrack of the era. His work continues to be celebrated by fans and has left a lasting legacy in both television and music.

How have fans and the entertainment industry reacted to David Soul's passing?

Fans and the entertainment industry have expressed deep sorrow and admiration following David Soul's passing. Tributes have poured in from colleagues, friends, and fans, highlighting his contributions to television and music. Many have shared personal anecdotes and memories, celebrating his talent, kindness, and the impact he had on their lives.