Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
  • #1,471
Silicon Waffle said:
They are both sweet, full of (artificial) sweeteners, and very Cola-cola.
Did you mean: Coca-cola Cola-cola sounds funny. :DD
WWGD said:
I am surprised that conspiracy theorists did not latch on to the name " The Two Towers " like a hungry dog to a juicy bone, considering the movie came out relatively shortly after September 11 .
o_O What's with September 11?... Wait, I googled it, now I get what you mean. They better not, all of us fans will send them flying away. But I coincidentally found sarcastic humor of it mocking them:
2dc3157583611360dbcdeabd32236814.jpg
:rolleyes:

- - - You know, I've always wanted to do blacksmithing: http://imgur.com/gallery/7r6O0LX

Likes Sophia
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,472
WWGD said:
I am surprised that conspiracy theorists did not latch on to the name " The Two Towers " like a hungry dog to a juicy bone, considering the movie came out relatively shortly after September 11 .
The "Two Towers' was published in 1954, so I'm not getting what the conspiracy would be.

• #1,473
fresh_42 said:
The chorus of the torus!
The Tyrant of the Tori

Last edited:
  • #1,474
Der Führer of the Little Metal Finger Donuts

• #1,475
zoobyshoe said:
Der Führer of the Little Metal Finger Donuts
Did you really not see the movie? Hmmmmmmm. That's suspicious. :bear:

• #1,476
Evo said:
The "Two Towers' was published in 1954, so I'm not getting what the conspiracy would be.
I meant, sarcastically , that the production for the movie and the choice to film it was made some time shortly before 9 11. EDIT and you know you don't really need something solid and reasonable for many to find a conspiracy.

• #1,477
WWGD said:

hahahahahaha :woot:

• #1,478
WWGD said:
I meant, sarcastically , that the production for the movie and the choice to film it was made some time shortly before 9 11. EDIT and you know you don't really need something solid and reasonable for many to find a conspiracy.
I know the Oscar winning special effects director on LOTR, did you realize that Peter Jackson started the LOTR movies about 6 years before they were released? So no, there was no connection at all.

• #1,479
Evo said:
I know the Oscar winning special effects director on LOTR, did you realize that Peter Jackson started the LOTR movies about 6 years before they were released? So no, their was no connection at all.
But that is the whole point, conspiracy theorist ignore all the facts in reaching their conclusion and form these unsupportable half-baked conclusions. People who research carefully before forming an opinion are not considered conspiracy theorists.

Likes Evo
  • #1,480
WWGD said:
But that is the whole point, conspiracy theorist ignore all the facts in reaching their conclusion. People who research carefully before forming an opinion are not considered conspiracy theorists.
I have to agree with you on that, I never heard of the LOTR conspiracy. But like you said, the stupider the conspiracy is, the more people will believe it. :biggrin:

Likes WWGD
  • #1,481
WWGD said:
But that is the whole point, conspiracy theorist ignore all the facts in reaching their conclusion and form these unsupportable half-baked conclusions. People who research carefully before forming an opinion are not considered conspiracy theorists.
But, I don't even get what the "Two Towers" conspiracy theory would be. 911 was orchestrated by Saruman?

• #1,482
The conspiracy would be "Peter Jackson knew it was coming". I think WWGD is implying a conspiracy among conspiracy theorists to supress conspiracy theories around The Two Towers/The Twin Towers so that they have plausible deniability when accused of seeing conspiracies everywhere. They (9/11 Truthers in particular, but also more generally) can all point to the lack of TT conspiracies and say "look at the obvious opportunity for conspiracy nuts, which we didn't take! Proof that we're not nuts!"

It's at least as plausible as "all the people in on the moon landings have kept quiet for their entire lives". :wink:

Likes WWGD
  • #1,483
zoobyshoe said:
But, I don't even get what the "Two Towers" conspiracy theory would be. 911 was orchestrated by Saruman?
No, it was orchestrated by Saru, Man.

• #1,484
Ibix said:
The conspiracy would be "Peter Jackson knew it was coming". I think WWGD is implying a conspiracy among conspiracy theorists to supress conspiracy theories around The Two Towers/The Twin Towers so that they have plausible deniability when accused of seeing conspiracies everywhere. They (9/11 Truthers in particular, but also more generally) can all point to the lack of TT conspiracies and say "look at the obvious opportunity for conspiracy nuts, which we didn't take! Proof that we're not nuts!"

It's at least as plausible as "all the people in on the moon landings have kept quiet for their entire lives". :wink:
Precisely. You have seen clearly through the machinations of the illuminati and the (fill in favorite group). Now I am suspicious about how you could have know about this...

• #1,485
WWGD said:
No, it was orchestrated by Saru, Man.
Which one:Iran

Japan

Romania

Elsewhere

• Saru, Estonia, village in Mõniste Parish, Võru County, Estonia
Sports[edit]
  • South African Rugby Union (SACOS) (founded 1966), the former South African Coloured Rugby Football Board and founder member in 1973 of the South African Council on Sport the non-racial anti-apartheid organization
  • South African Rugby Union (founded 1992), the governing body for rugby union in South Africa which emerged from the unification of the South African Rugby Board and the South African Rugby Union
Other uses[edit]

Likes Sophia
  • #1,486
zoobyshoe said:
Which one:Iran

Japan

Romania

Elsewhere

• Saru, Estonia, village in Mõniste Parish, Võru County, Estonia
Sports[edit]
  • South African Rugby Union (SACOS) (founded 1966), the former South African Coloured Rugby Football Board and founder member in 1973 of the South African Council on Sport the non-racial anti-apartheid organization
  • South African Rugby Union (founded 1992), the governing body for rugby union in South Africa which emerged from the unification of the South African Rugby Board and the South African Rugby Union
Other uses[edit]
Anyone will do.

• #1,487
WWGD said:
Precisely, you have seen clearly through the machinations of the illuminati. Now I am suspicious about how you could have know about this...
It's all there in the public domain if you look carefully. Little clues, probably left by Wexa Digital whistleblowers. For example, one of the towers falls before the other, just like the WTC. And at the beginning of Two Towers, the nine members of the Fellowship of the Ring are reduced (Gandalf and Boromir) to seven, a clear reference to Building Seven.

This is kind of fun. Life is a lot easier when you don't sanity check your results...

• #1,488
WWGD said:
Anyone will do.
They were all in on it.

• #1,489
Ibix said:
They were all in on it.
Specially the river Saru.How do you know all this ?

• #1,490
WWGD said:
How do you know all this ?
It can't be a conspiracy if it's only one of them...

• #1,491
Ibix said:
It can't be a conspiracy if it's only one of them...
Ever watch Brad Meltzer's decoded? It seems like the guy is asking to be beaten, by pissing of the mafia, the vatican, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Meltzer's_Decoded
An interesting show at times, but seems he is looking for trouble...

• #1,492
zoobyshoe said:
Hey! You saw the movie! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! :partytime:

• #1,493
Psinter said:
He only saw the ilogy, neither the bilogy nor the trilogy, I believe.

• #1,494
Psinter said:
Completely wrong. I read all the books, in (about) 1969. Never seen the movies.

• #1,495
WWGD said:
He only saw the ilogy, neither the bilogy nor the trilogy, I believe.
That's not good at all. zooby must watch all of them.
zoobyshoe said:
Completely wrong. I read all the books, in about 1969. Never seen the movies.
Oh. :frown: Why don't you watch the movies?

• #1,496
zoobyshoe said:
Completely wrong. I read all the books, in (about) 1969. Never seen the movies.
You read the book around 1969, I knew it!
Psinter said:
That's not good at all. zooby must watch all of them.

Why would he give into the Towerati's attempt to make him buy tickets? do you work for the Towerati group anyway?

• #1,497
Psinter said:
I saw a picture of Frodo before the movie was released and I saw that it wasn't Frodo. It wasn't even a Hobbit. So, I didn't want to have the books ruined for me.

Likes fresh_42
  • #1,498
zoobyshoe said:
I saw a picture of Frodo before the movie was released and I saw that it wasn't Frodo. It wasn't even a Hobbit. So, I didn't want to have the books ruined for me.
Typical Towerati comment. I question your true motives.

• #1,499
WWGD said:
You read the book around 1969, I knew it!

Why would he give into the Towerati's attempt to make him buy tickets? do you work for the Towerati group anyway?
Towe what?! :olduhh:
zoobyshoe said:
Ah, I see. The movies are good. Watch them! I recommend them.

• #1,500
Psinter said:
Ah, I see. The movies are good. Watch them! I recommend them.
You don't understand. I made my own superior version of those movies in my head when I read the books as a young teenager. They can't be topped, and they would be ruined by having to view an inferior version.

You, on the other hand, won't be able to film your own in-head version now, if you read the books, because you've been corrupted by exposure to a pre-existing set of movies.

• #1,501
My wife and I once went to an exhibition of Lord of the Rings costumes and props. My favourite was a little gimmick - a green screen booth with a pair of benches at different scales, a pair of marks to look at, and a pair of cameras at different distances. The end result is that we have a pair of photos of us sat in Gandalf's cart, one of us hobbit sized and the other wizard sized, smiling at each other and driving through the Shire.

Likes Psinter
  • #1,502
Chief Executive Officer of the Digit Hoops

• #1,503
I envy the people who go crazy with these sport events like March Madness. All they need for a party is a TV and some chips.

• #1,504
zoobyshoe said:
You don't understand. I made my own superior version of those movies in my head when I read the books as a young teenager. They can't be topped, and they would be ruined by having to view an inferior version.

You, on the other hand, won't be able to film your own in-head version now, if you read the books, because you've been corrupted by exposure to a pre-existing set of movies.
You don't know that! You don't know me! I can picture it if I try! :sorry: I can picture it if I try. :cry:

I'm just kidding, can't argue with that. :-p
Ibix said:
My wife and I once went to an exhibition of Lord of the Rings costumes and props. My favourite was a little gimmick - a green screen booth with a pair of benches at different scales, a pair of marks to look at, and a pair of cameras at different distances. The end result is that we have a pair of photos of us sat in Gandalf's cart, one of us hobbit sized and the other wizard sized, smiling at each other and driving through the Shire.
That must have been awesome! :woot:

• #1,505
Magnate of the Round Phalanges Ornimentations