Rating speeds from least to greatest from a position time graph

Ineedhelpwithphysics
Homework Statement
(E) Rank the values of the particles speed at points P, Q, R, S from fastest to slowest
Relevant Equations
Speed = distance/time
My answer is R > P > Q = S

Since R is more steeper than P the speed is greater, speed is a non-negative unit so i assume that speed of R will be greater than P
Speed of P has a positive slope, also the magnitude is positive.
Q and S are the same due to the fast that they both horizontal slopes which means the object is not moving which means no speed.

This is my work , correct me if i'm wrong, thanks ^^^
1706021404345.png

Likes PhDeezNutz and Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
Ranking and explanations look good.

Likes PhDeezNutz, erobz, Delta2 and 1 other person

Related to Rating speeds from least to greatest from a position time graph

What is a position-time graph?

A position-time graph is a graphical representation of an object's motion, showing how its position changes over time. The x-axis typically represents time, while the y-axis represents position.

How can you determine the speed from a position-time graph?

Speed can be determined from a position-time graph by calculating the slope of the graph. The steeper the slope, the greater the speed. A flat line indicates zero speed, while a line with a positive or negative slope indicates constant speed in a particular direction.

What does a steeper slope indicate on a position-time graph?

A steeper slope on a position-time graph indicates a higher speed. The steeper the line, the faster the object is moving. If the slope is very steep, the object is covering a lot of distance in a short amount of time.

How can you rank speeds from least to greatest using a position-time graph?

To rank speeds from least to greatest using a position-time graph, observe the slopes of the lines. The line with the smallest slope (closest to horizontal) represents the slowest speed, and the line with the steepest slope represents the fastest speed. Arrange them in ascending order based on the steepness of their slopes.

What does a horizontal line on a position-time graph signify about the object's speed?

A horizontal line on a position-time graph signifies that the object is not changing its position over time, meaning its speed is zero. The object is at rest.