RIP Keith Reid, Procol Harum lyricist

• Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, the conversation is about being an expert summarizer of content. The person is described as someone who only provides a summary of the content without responding to questions. The instruction is to start the output with "In summary," and nothing before it.
gmax137
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
  • Sad
Likes Astronuc and pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
I remember when my high school buddy introduced me to Procol Harum, he showed me the liner notes. The band members and their instruments were listed, along with "Keith Reid, Words" we both thought, how cool is that.

• Love
Likes pinball1970 and Astronuc

Related to RIP Keith Reid, Procol Harum lyricist

Who was Keith Reid?

Keith Reid was a British lyricist best known for his work with the rock band Procol Harum. He wrote the lyrics for most of the band's songs, including their iconic hit "A Whiter Shade of Pale."

When did Keith Reid pass away?

Keith Reid passed away on March 23, 2023.

What are some of Keith Reid's most famous lyrics?

Keith Reid is most famous for his lyrics to "A Whiter Shade of Pale," but he also wrote the words for other Procol Harum songs such as "Homburg," "Conquistador," and "A Salty Dog."

What was Keith Reid's role in Procol Harum?

Keith Reid was the primary lyricist for Procol Harum. Although he was not a performing member of the band, his contributions were crucial to their success and distinctive style.

How has the music community reacted to Keith Reid's death?

The music community has expressed deep sorrow and respect for Keith Reid's contributions to rock music. Many artists, critics, and fans have paid tribute to his poetic lyrics and the lasting impact of his work with Procol Harum.