Simplifying rational expressions

In summary: Thank you for your effort in typing them up in $\LaTeX$! In summary, the conversation is about the poster asking for help with math problems and being advised to use $\LaTeX$ for better readability. The poster then asks for a resource to learn $\LaTeX$ and the conversation ends with the confirmation of their answers and a reminder to post new questions in a new thread.
Alexstrasuz1
If its not problem for you to check these last two. I got no more of these.
If you have some kind a book with tasks like this on internet I would love to print it out so I can have some fun.
View attachment 3008

1ST answer 20/3
2ND answer -20/3

Attachments

• MATH3.jpg
    MATH3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 70
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'd appreciate it if you could type the problems and your answers up in $\LaTeX$, that would make your problems more readable for us.:) For these last two problems, I couldn't tell if the first problem mentions of $\left(\dfrac{2}{5}-\left( 6\dfrac{3}{7}\right)^{-1}\right):\left(\dfrac{1}{50}-10^{-2}\right)$, because if that is the case, then your answer isn't correct.

I know $LaTeX$ might be a foreign language for you, but it's really very easy to learn how to type a simple mathematical expression using $LaTeX$, for starter, if you want to type $\dfrac{2}{5}$, you need to latex code of \dfrac{2}{5}, enclosed with a pair of the dollar signs. If you want $10^2$, you just type 10^2, enclosed it with a pair of the dollar signs but if the exponent consists of more than two "characters", just as in $10^{-2}$, you need to put the pair of curly braces{} around the exponent.

Do you want to take a stab at it and re-post your last two questions here?

Alexstrasuz said:
If its not problem for you to check these last two. I got no more of these...

I have moved your new questions into a new thread. We ask that new questions be posted in a new thread as tagging new question onto an existing thread can make the thread become convoluted and hard to follow. :D

Attachments

• mathemathicsa3.png
    mathemathicsa3.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 57
Alexstrasuz said:
View attachment 3009

Done in word
I agree with your answers, $20/3$ and $-20/3$.

FAQ: Simplifying rational expressions

What is a rational expression?

A rational expression is a fraction in which the numerator and denominator are both polynomials (expressions with variables and coefficients).

What does it mean to simplify a rational expression?

Simplifying a rational expression means to reduce it to its simplest form by canceling out common factors in the numerator and denominator.

Can all rational expressions be simplified?

No, not all rational expressions can be simplified. Some may already be in their simplest form, while others may not have any common factors to cancel out.

What are the steps for simplifying a rational expression?

The steps for simplifying a rational expression are as follows:

1. Factor both the numerator and denominator completely.
  2. Cancel out any common factors between the numerator and denominator.
  3. If there are any remaining factors, multiply them together to get the simplified expression.

Why is it important to simplify rational expressions?

Simplifying rational expressions can make them easier to work with and understand. It can also help identify any restrictions on the variables and make it easier to solve equations involving rational expressions.