Solve this Equation for H: 5260862 = M*H^y % 20876441

• MHB
  • Thread starter matson1
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an equation involving the variables M, H, and y and how to solve for H. It explains that the equation shows the relationship between the variables and can be solved by isolating H on one side and taking the yth root. The values of M and y are not given, but they must remain consistent. It is possible to solve for multiple values of H by plugging in different values for M and y, but the equation will only hold true for those specific values. To check if a solution for H is correct, it can be plugged back into the original equation to see if it satisfies it.
matson1
Solve this Equation for H: 5260862 = M*H^y % 20876441

Where y = 17, and M = 20192834? My H value is wrong from my previous tries.

I think my order of operations is wrong. Function for code would be helpful. Already familiar with mod_inverse. (Python 3)

Technology news on Phys.org
Hi there,

What have you tried so far? What Python modules are allowed if any?

FAQ: Solve this Equation for H: 5260862 = M*H^y % 20876441

1. How do I solve this equation?

To solve this equation, we need to isolate the variable H on one side of the equation. We can do this by dividing both sides of the equation by M, and then taking the y-th root of both sides.

2. What is the value of H?

The value of H can be found by plugging in the given values for M and y and solving the equation. The specific value will depend on the values of M and y.

3. Can this equation be solved for H?

Yes, this equation can be solved for H as long as the values of M and y are known.

4. Is there more than one solution for H?

Yes, since this is an exponential equation, there can be multiple solutions for H depending on the values of M and y. However, there will always be one real solution.

5. Can this equation be solved using a calculator?

Yes, a calculator can be used to solve this equation. However, if the values of M and y are large, the calculator may not be able to display the exact solution and will instead give an approximation.