Supporters of the war: what will it take for you to sign up for the military?

In summary: I guess I would have to think about it more and decide if I wanted to join the military. But I definitely don't think that's necessary right now. In summary, people who support the war don't sign up for the military because things are not going well and more soldiers would help, but they also may not sign up because they don't think their help is needed and the president has given them a good reason for the war.
Hasn't every branch of the military been requesting re-enlistment for the past two years? Maybe we should start training death-row inmates and lifers to perform suicide missions (kidding, of course).

Physics news on Phys.org
loseyourname said:
Maybe we should start training death-row inmates and lifers to perform suicide missions (kidding, of course).

Great idea! fight fire with fire!

loseyourname said:
Hasn't every branch of the military been requesting re-enlistment for the past two years? Maybe we should start training death-row inmates and lifers to perform suicide missions (kidding, of course).
Glad you're kidding.

Perhaps the other branches have been calling for re-enlistment too, but the Marines just announced a raised pay package for re-enlistees (sometime this weekend). I just brought this up since I heard it in the news today...nothing more.

I would probably sign up if I were told the truth alone about why I should go to war, people who have been through war have a degree of that understanding but sometimes we never do things because we never had to do them, but then if the truth were told by someone like the president with a title and cameras I have a feeling 99% of the most bastard youth would not sign up. Otherwise, I would probably half dodge a draft or move to another country, after all I might want to be president someday and the past 3 have been good role models yes no? Maybe there in lies the real problem, when the system is so saturated with corruption that the president of today is the son of the president of yesterday in a "free and democratic society" it is finished, enjoy while it lasts. I support the war, I pay taxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 19, and if I was not in school I would probably join the marines and go fight in Iraq (or wherever I was needed). I would also have no problem being drafted. I do not support the war by the way.

In that case I am forced to generalize you as one of the many over-patriotic westerners, I will never risk my life for my Government, it's not worth dying for.

None of you are going to the war. :cry: We don't want to lose any of you.

tumor said:
I don't need lessons from you.In my post about military there was nothing offensive, just valid observation.

Aparently you do need lessons, since the post you made before the above one was most obviously a personal attack. Ad Hominems are one thing, but you weren't even out to make a case against his argument; you just felt the need to be insulting. Trying to deny what obviously occurred would be uniwse.

Gokul43201 said:
Perhaps the other branches have been calling for re-enlistment too, but the Marines just announced a raised pay package for re-enlistees (sometime this weekend). I just brought this up since I heard it in the news today...nothing more.
Every branch of the military always tries to get people to re-enlist. Obviously, experience makes for better soldiers/sailors/marines.