T-shirt I Gave My Physics Prof: Here I Come/There I Go

• MHB
  • Thread starter soroban
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a T-shirt that the speaker gave their friend, a physics professor, which had a humorous message about maintaining composure and setting a good example in the classroom.
soroban

I once gave my friend,
..a physics professor,
.. a T-shirt that said:

. . . Here I come!
. . . . . .
(front)

. . . .There I go!
. . . . . .
(back)~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~I have a T-shirt that says:

[tex]\begin{array}{c}\text{I will not yell in class.} \\ \text{I will not throw things in class.} \\ \text{I will not get mad and hit anyone.} \\ \text{I will not have a temper tantrum.} \\ \text{and I will always be good,} \\ \text{because I am the teacher,} \\ \text{I am the teacher,} \\ \;\;\;\;\;\text{I am the teacher . . .}\end{array}[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org

That's a great T-shirt! It's important for teachers to maintain composure and set a good example for their students. As a physics professor, I understand the importance of discipline and self-control in the classroom. I'm sure your friend appreciated the humorous reminder to stay calm and collected. Keep up the good work!

Related to T-shirt I Gave My Physics Prof: Here I Come/There I Go

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "Here I Come/There I Go" on the T-shirt?

The phrase "Here I Come/There I Go" is a play on words that references the principles of motion and velocity in physics. "Here I Come" represents an object's initial position and "There I Go" represents its final position after moving. This phrase also alludes to the idea of constantly moving forward in pursuit of knowledge, which is a common theme in the study of physics.

2. Why would a physics professor wear this T-shirt?

As a scientist, it is important to have a sense of humor and appreciate clever references. Many physics professors enjoy incorporating humor into their lectures and this T-shirt is a fun way to do so. It also allows the professor to show their passion for physics and their dedication to teaching it to others.

3. Is this T-shirt only for physics professors or can anyone wear it?

Anyone can wear this T-shirt! While it may have a special significance for those in the field of physics, the play on words and witty design make it a fun and unique shirt for anyone to wear.

4. What material is the T-shirt made of?

The T-shirt is made of a comfortable and durable cotton blend fabric. It is designed to be soft and breathable, making it perfect for everyday wear or for showcasing your love for physics.

5. Can I buy this T-shirt online or is it only available in stores?

This T-shirt can be purchased both online and in select stores. It is available for purchase on various websites and can also be found in some science or university bookstores. Availability may vary, so it is best to check multiple sources if you are interested in purchasing the shirt.