The World's Largest Computer in 1951

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the ENIAC was a massive machine weighing 30 tons, occupying 1,000 square feet of floor space, and containing over 70,000 resistors, 10,000 capacitors, 6,000 switches, and 18,000 vacuum tubes. It required 150 kilowatts of power to run, which was enough to light a small town. The final machine was less powerful than a $5 pocket calculator. The Russian Ekranoplan, also known as the Caspian Sea Monster, was a ground effect vehicle that could travel over 400 km/h and weighed 540 tons fully loaded. It was used as a high-speed military transport and could transport over 100 tonnes of cargo. The
I CANT!£▬±bÑV I'm
Going INSANE!

Physics news on Phys.org
The Kansas City Chiefs, outgained the Pittsburgh Steelers 392-235 in 1982.

Oh, that was in 1997.
But the highest score in a single move in Scrabble was made by Karl Khoshnaw from Manchester, UK, CAZIQUES (West Indian Chiefs). He made 392 points in 1982.

Should've known, brewnog's from Manchester.

Whoever wants to do one can do one.

Who ate el paso barbecue tonight, is full, and had to go go to lowes?

Your mom, whose total rest mass is approximately equal to that of a neutron star traveling at (1-(10^-1000))c.

No, my cat's rest mass is approximately equal to that of a neutron star traveling at (1-(10^-1000))c. I was the one who did all that NEW QUESTION!

Your mom

Convient proof the universe is expanding exponetially.

Over 400 prisoners were intentionally infected with this parasite in the 1940's. Name the parasite and the city they were in.

Last edited:
In the mid-1980s a company famous for making small replicate non-flammable automobiles, manufactured a "magic" puzzle that was not a cube. Who was the inventor? Name one other famous puzzle/toy that he invented.

I can't find the city but I know you're talking about pellagra

The Prisoners are POWs right?

Pellagra is a vitamin deficiency disease caused by dietary lack of niacin and protein, not a parisite. Good guess though.

Oops, I was catching up in another thread.

It isn't pellagra. They were not POW's. They were imprisoned criminals.

a hint. At the trial of Nuremburg Germany uses this incident to justify their actions in concentration camps, or at least to claim that they didn't act any differently than other nations have.

Oh! malaria in chicago

yup you got it

Two great minds, one interest. Two important men, one invention. Two close friends, one story. What did they invent and who were they?

Most people have them

I guess its not the Brothers Grimm...

I suppose its not the Wright Brothers and the airplane. Not many people own those.

Nope, VERY common Item. I know MK and Huck have used them(as well as a lot more)

Duryea brothers and the first gasoline powered automobilies.

Sorry, nope. no cars or any automobiles. think circut city

Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, they started Apple Computer and are credited with initiating the entry of computers into private homes.

good job Mk!

What animal has the longest penis to body length ratio? Give an approximate ratio.

Oh, or should we use my old one I posted before I saw Huckleberry's?

Mk said:
In the mid-1980s a company famous for making small replicate non-flammable automobiles, manufactured a "magic" puzzle that was not a cube. Who was the inventor? Name one other famous puzzle/toy that he invented.

I should have guessed the Mac reference from the killer thread.

I think you should go to the old one...

I would guess the human.

Not a human.

hOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW?

Evo knows a bunch of useless trivia, so does Google and Wikipedia.

So does Evo

A barnacle, or does it have to be a mammal?

That'll due. Barnacles have the longest penis to body length ratio, its penis is 20 times its body lenght.