Time dilation and expansion in accelerated motion

In summary, two experiments were described, one involving two probes accelerating together in flat space-time and the other involving a rod with two probes placed at each end. In experiment 1, the records of the probes will show identical durations and paths, but in experiment 2, the rods may experience different proper times due to the relativity of simultaneity. However, there is insufficient information to draw a conclusion about the proper times in experiment 2 as it depends on the mechanical properties of the rod.
Again, as in another thread that was recently locked, this thread seems to be going around in circle, and doing that for a rather lengthy period of time.

I will also re-emphasize that if you wish to argue this based on non-standard physics, then PF is the wrong place to do it, as I'm sure you would have already been aware of since you have read the PF Guidelines very closely and memorized it by heart now. We have let threads like this go on a bit longer than we should simply because we hope that some things can be straightened out. It is obvious that based on how long this thread has gone on, and the number of times things keep going back to the same thing, it isn't going to progress that way.

Therefore, I'm sticking a fork into this one and declare it done. Take note that if a similar thread is started and going along the same trend, it will be deleted without warning and approprate actions against the relevant members will be taken.

Zz.

Last edited: