Tips for Better Sleep Before a Trip | Advice to Help Relax

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tips
In summary: Then one weekend I stayed up until 3am and slept until 9am the next day and haven't had a problem since.In summary, the person had a hard time getting to sleep for 5 days and has been having the same problems for over a week now. They are looking for advice on how to relax and get to sleep. They suggest things like hard work and vigorous exercise during the day, focusing thoughts when trying to fall asleep, and using a fan to help sleep.
yomamma said:
before the trip I took, I had a hard time getting to sleep. it lasted 5 days. now, I've been having the same problems for over a week! I'll see a doctor next week. anyway, anyone have some advice? I want something tjat may help me relax and get to sleep.
Yomamma, read Insomnia by Stephen King. It will freak you out.

Has anyone suggested paying someone to just knock you unconscious? You'll get some good sleep like that. And the harder he hits, the longer you sleep!

Physics news on Phys.org
this isn't what I need to hear before going to sleep :|

yomamma said:
this isn't what I need to hear before going to sleep :|
You should make that call to your great aunt..

ummm ...what?

My post 26 suggestion..

ah... :wink:

She is very lonely, you know..

If you don't have a great aunt to call, I have an 82-year old next door neighbor who is very lonely and will gladly talk to you for hours. Just prop the phone next to your ear and let her talk and you'll be drifting off in no time.

maybe...

Did you get some sleep last night, yo?

yep...much better