To create a new model on physics what do i need to have?

In summary, when creating a new model in physics, one needs to have a consistent hypothesis that explains a specific aspect of physics, is supported by experimental data, and has been peer-reviewed. The model should also make predictions that can be tested. The specific aspects to be explained would depend on the area of physics being focused on. Peer review is necessary to ensure accuracy and to prevent mistakes or false claims. However, it is not true that only famous scientists can create new models and new ideas are always welcome in the scientific community.
Jose Leal
to create a new model on physics what do i need to have?

Physics news on Phys.org
Model of what?

You need to have a consistent hypothesis which explains some aspect of physics better than any existing model, is supported by experimental data, and has been peer reviewed, (checked by accredited persons for blunders either in the the hypothesis or in the experiments.)

It would help if also makes predictions that can be tested.

What aspects of the physics need to be explained ? What are the accredited persons need to check that?

What needs to be explained depends on what part of physics you are concerned with. (Electricity?,Gravity?, Nuclear reactions? ...)
There is no 'Theory of everything' at the present time, and if people like Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking couldn't find one, you have quite a challenge there.

The reason why peer review is an essential part of science, is quite simply that anyone can make mistakes.
(or even anyone could claim something based on fake data if nobody checked it.)
Usually the peer reviewing is done by publishing a paper in academic journals, then anyone who is expert in the area, (meaning they have PhD usually) may examine it, perhaps conduct some experiments of their own, and offer an opinion or point out errors.

Last edited:
Jose Leal said:
to create a new model on physics what do i need to have?

You need to have an idea of the purpose of the model. Then you need to decide which aspects of physics must be reproduced with which accuracy to achieve it.

It is sad to hear only Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking can make a new model and this physics forums you only can talk about physics approved , not new ideas

I have a new idea , but the problem it is we need to fix and understand why things work that way,

Jose Leal said:
I have a new idea , but the problem it is we need to fix and understand why things work that way,

and what research have you done so far to see what has already been discovered about your possible new idea ?

Jose Leal said:
It is sad to hear only Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking can make a new model...
Nobody said that and indeed it is most emphatically not true.
...and this physics forums you only can talk about physics approved , not new ideas
That is a matter of practicality. We tried entertaining new ideas, but they made a mess that took too much effort to clean up.
I have a new idea , but the problem it is we need to fix and understand why things work that way...
Sorry, but given the broad/vague/basic question in the OP, I seriously doubt that you have a new idea or even understand how/why the current theories work.

In any case, since you've made it clear that this thread can't go anywhere that complies with PF rules, it is closed.

Likes davenn

Related to To create a new model on physics what do i need to have?

1. What is the purpose of creating a new model in physics?

The purpose of creating a new model in physics is to better understand and explain the natural world around us. Models are used to represent complex systems and phenomena, making it easier for scientists to study and make predictions.

2. What knowledge and skills are necessary to create a new model in physics?

To create a new model in physics, you will need a strong foundation in mathematics and physics principles. You should also have critical thinking skills, the ability to analyze data, and knowledge of computer programming and modeling software.

3. Can anyone create a new model in physics?

While anyone can attempt to create a new model in physics, it requires a significant amount of education, training, and experience. It is a complex and rigorous process that requires a deep understanding of the subject matter and scientific methods.

4. What are the steps involved in creating a new model in physics?

The first step is to identify the problem or phenomenon you want to model. Then, you will need to gather data and research existing models and theories. Next, you will develop your model using equations and mathematical concepts. The final step involves testing and refining the model based on experimental data.

5. How long does it take to create a new model in physics?

The time it takes to create a new model in physics can vary greatly depending on the complexity of the problem and the resources available. It can take anywhere from months to years, and even then, the model may require continuous refinement and updates as new data and research become available.